Indian 741B

Finally got round to taking some snaps of the Indian i'm about halfway through at the moment.

It was sad in a shed for best part of 40 years before the owner finally agreed to sell it me, after much badgering! Its a very late production 741, probably too late to have seen any action and more than likely went straight to the surplus at the end of the war. I have the original brown log book that dates back to 1949, last taxed in 1967!

The bike must have been in the British army at some point as it has the modified rear brake lever, although it may have been changed later?

Baz

Indian2.JPG

indian2 2.JPG

indian2 3.JPG

S4020895.jpg

Edited by Bodger Baz

Finally got round to taking some snaps of the Indian i'm about halfway through at the moment.

It was sad in a shed for best part of 40 years before the owner finally agreed to sell it me, after much badgering! Its a very late production 741, probably too late to have seen any action and more than likely went straight to the surplus at the end of the war. I have the original brown log book that dates back to 1949, last taxed in 1967!

The bike must have been in the British army at some point as it has the modified rear brake lever, although it may have been changed later?

Baz

great looki8ng bike ,

the before pictures look like it should be running round the wall of death

What are indians like for parts? not as easy as harleys I bet

Nigel

Nigel

Suprisingly easy to get bits for them to be honest (providing you dont have some early 1900's Indians!) , mainly from Germany or Holland. Some parts are very expensive like crank cases and gearbox casings but the majority of parts are very resonably priced.

Many of the Repro parts that are conming through are extremely top quality.

Cheers

Baz

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Moved house, done the DIY, managed to get a day pass from the missus for the Indian!

managed a whole lot today;

Manifold and carb mounted and sealed up

Throttle twist grip finished (what a pig of a job!)

cylinder Heads on

Distibutor on and timed up

brake light switch mounted

front marker light mounted

rear lights mounted and wired up

ignition switch wired up, amazing how many wires you can getr round a small switch!

horn button, hi/lo switch mounted and wired

speedo painted

ammeter mounted and wired

generator stripped for blasting.

Then took my other bike out for a ride to make me smile again :-)

741 june1.JPG

741 june2.JPG

• 4 months later...

Blimey Bodger ! I nearly burst with envy just looking at the 'photos. You've accomplished a really superb restoration of an exceptionally handsome bike. That's a really nice machine and a credit to your skills.

Edited by 6 X 6

Thats a great looking bike, very cool, & what about the DUKW we can see in the background?

Its on the list! after the Bedford!

Its my father in laws, he bought it 70's from Harry Pounds for the grand sum of £300!!!! mind you it had sky high mileage of 300 mile on the clock!!

Thanks for compliments on the bike everyone, its been a fun restoration so far, all i got to do now is finish it!

ATTENTION G506 - get on with the Triumph, i want to see pictures!

Cheers

Baz

Edited by Bodger Baz