Wanted....Next project.....another Commer...

Rootes75

So, we're not far from finishing our current project, our 1942 Commer Q2 that has its own restoration blog on the forum...

It's been difficult and challenging at times but the result has really been good and we've really enjoyed the restoration. My Father is retired and he's been a key help in this and that's made it more worthwhile.

So, we were down the yard today chatting whilst finishing some jobs and the subject came onto 'what next?'...sit on our laurels or go again...???

The answer, we'd like to take on another project...of course it will need to be a Commer and wartime at that and therefore that hugely restricts the chances but Commers are our thing so we're putting our feelers out now. 

If anyone has any leads, even just an old story we could maybe follow up, then please drop us a message.

I have one or two leads but they aren't proving easy....

• Like 3

It’s very addictive this restoration hobby!!  I’m in the same position as you, “ Doris “ Is basically finished all bar a bit of fettling and I’m deciding what to do next, fortunately I’ve been collecting a few projects over the last couple of years but which one next??

1940 AEC Matador 

F9691975-D4CC-4FAA-BF17-D71598EC2365.thumb.jpeg.7fd616b224d572e37ebbee92cd19912e.jpeg

1949 Land Rover 

527EC83A-5710-4149-B048-99AD6104277A.thumb.jpeg.f90371931468464305b43886448644c2.jpeg

1941 Chevy CMP FAT

A42A169D-B711-443F-9485-430E23BC8F0A.thumb.jpeg.b4ec4e655ee18a296572e0909468cc93.jpeg

and yes, before you say it I know I need help 😂😂

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, ltwtbarmy said:

In all honesty, that Landrover is soooo sweet! It really looks quite straight, complete and rust free. I know i’d have started on that one a long long time ago if it were mine.

I only picked the series 1 up last year and it’s taken over 6 months to persuade DVLA to retain its original registration number, I only received the V5 a couple of days ago but your right it is a nice project. 

• Like 1

The Commer is actually our second full restoration, the first being a civilian 1950 Commer....we do have a few cars dotted around too....

So, yes....it is very addictive isn't it..

To be honest, we are already missing doing the big jobs, so much of the pleasure is in the restoration isn't it?

• Like 3