Hi New Member, new Jeep

steviem

i get my bits from jeeparts i have made them into indicators you can use the wire in the wire kit for this as to the headlamps i fit new head lamps with h4 bulb and side lamp you can pull a thin wire through the harness for the side light power  or you can just leave it original no indicators people in cars don't see the turn lights they are only looking at your jeep     

Edited by Jerry Jeep
added more
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, steviem said:

Yeah seen those i will pick some up, how are you getting on with your baby.

Gathering stuff so mailing around for original body parts. Scored some NOS rebuild kits and prepping a shopping list for the obvious stuff like bearings and seals. I hate to miss parts when I start a certain rebuild job so want everything on the shelf before I start. But things like gears etc I will get after inspection/requirement of course.

Seems that an original GPW top bow and a Sparton R2-14 are quite rare these days. 

Do you work with original parts of repro mostly?

• Like 1

I think you've put the inner frame in back to front, the handle should be on the inside

The sliders and hand tightenings are all available from Dallas auto or Joes motor pool and do pop up on ebay quite a lot if you want originals..

20190408_225906.jpg

• Like 1
  • Up 1

I haven’t tried it but I would expect the heat needed to braze would cause the steel to warp. You ca n get a new section to weld in but I’d have a go at mig weld first, very slow and I would personally clamp a suitable thick steel (or copper if you have some) to the section to be welded as a heat sink and to keep everything aligned.

• Like 1