Hi New Member, new Jeep

steviem

Morning guys, I will hopefully be sending my entire drive train upto Jerry sometime soon for evaluation repair etc, what is the minimum amount of parts, bolts etc needed to be removed to get the tub off,  noticed the horn button missing on the steering wheel so I bet it's stuck solid,  thanks for any help and advice,  Steve 

I lifted my body off on my own. With everything stripped from the body except the rear foot rests and some brackets in the engine bay. I used my engine crane (cheaply clarke 1 ton hydraulic job) on max extension from the rear. Put an old carpet over the rear panel, attached ratchet straps from each rear foot rest and the 2 front gusset brackets to the hook. I then used the ratchet to adjust the length to correct for balance and then lifted it off the frame. I could then use a combination of rolling the chassis and crane to move the body away. It’s actually not heavy and I stored it upright on the rear panel (secured to a garage rafter.

• Like 1

Ok guys starring the strip down for tub removal unconventional regulator first running 12v, worth saving? Also pipe from bulkhead is this oil or water,  any chance of getting covered in whatever it is,  also little circuit breaker added to the air cleaner bracket,  jeep has a heater inside so maybe it's for that. Trouble uploading pictures at the moment 

20200908_160310.jpg

20200908_160403.jpg

20200908_160332.jpg

Edited by steviem

1 minute ago, steviem said:

Was never going to keep it Jerry,  just wondering where the hoses will go to now its been removed. 

when you fit a heater to a wartime jeep one pipe is fitted to the back of the cylinder head between the left hand back studs the head needed drilling and tapping so you may need the fit a blanking plug the other pipe went into a drilled and taped point on the water pump if you fit a new pump they are made for the cj jeep and there will be a plug fitted this is a good book to get has all the extra bolt on bits for your jeepBOOK JEEP BANT WILLYS FORD BECKER ENGLISH VERSION NET

nice original coil bracket the bent section with the hole is for the condenser for radio suppression i make replica ones that will not cause you electrical problems   post war head either CJ or M38 its a better head stronger not prone to warp  

Edited by Jerry Jeep
added more

1 minute ago, steviem said:

Cheers pal, when I send it up you can do what's best I have no intention of putting another heater in, looking forward to getting the tub off just doing a bit after work each day atm hope your current project is coming on well. 

frame back from blasting on Saturday got it primed same day she is now back on her wheels will take some photos tomorrow for you  

It’s always worth popping it on eBay.

A few years ago I replaced a really cheap looking vintage plastic damper knob off my old Enfield WD/CO and through it in the bin (literally from about 10 foot away). I fitted the £30 NOS knob and was chuffed to have “fixed” this issue. About a week later I saw this know in the bin and thought I’d pop it on eBay. 

To my surprise it got a bid, then another, and then messages wanting to ‘buy it now’. It sold for something like £280 to a guy in Malaysia. He backed out the next day with a lame excuse and I offered it to the next highest bidder. He asked for more photos and subsequently purchased it. It turned out to be very rare and from a 1938 Triumph Tiger (if I remember correctly).

i learnt not to throw stuff out from that, well not to until I’d confirmed it as junk.

that again paid off when I removed a modern looking push button switch off my Jeep. It turns out after purchasing my Halftrack that it’s the starter button for said vehicle. So I now have a good replacement starter switch.

• Thanks 1