Hi New Member, new Jeep

steviem

Just a word of caution on vehicle trackers. 

The cheap ones you buy on ebay are based on mobile phone technology and use GPS tracking. A lot of the more sophisticated car thieves now have GPS scramblers/blockers that will stop you being able to track your vehicle..

There are companies out there that use both GPS and VHF tracking as well, may cost a bit more but worth looking at

These guys are good, I had a mate who bought a used caravan, had it stolen from his drive, the police then told him to check with these guys to see if it had had a tracking device on it. He called them, they checked, re-activated the tracker and managed to recover it for a relatively small fee..

https://www.tracker.co.uk/

I’ve had a tracker before. It was very good. Had a little issue though, but nothing bad. I wrote the car off and I was in a bad way. They rang my dad when they couldn’t contact me to say there was abnormal activity (being recovered). They didn’t believe him when he told them so I had to speak to them in my distressed state.

i also had contact from them when 2 cars parked so close to the car I couldn’t get in. I let the handbrake off and rolled it back until I could get in. Because the key wasn’t in the car, they thought it was being lifted so rang me instantly. A couple of security questions answered and all was well. I was very happy at the speed they responded. No problem with checking.

have been working again fitting the body and painting it with a working coat of green then blasting all the body bits ready for refitting the two long bits in the blasting box are the Canadian under back seat box this made a tool box under the seat very handy i have top coated the bits so can start bolting them on tomorrow   

P1010076.JPG

P1010077.JPG

P1010079.JPG

P1010082.JPG

P1010081.JPG

there was not a lot of the  body left you might of been able to save the bulk head so the owner asked for a new body it would of been over £5000 to rebuild it not worth it and a gallon of body filler also the body was a ford scripted and the jeep a willys script  so the new body is the correct one happy days    

• Like 1

i might know of a jeep that was running a number of years ago can ask if its up for sale don't know the condition and i am not after another one as i have two more to do for myself let me know and i can ask for you   

1 minute ago, JPMulders said:

That is what Steviem said as well right? Prefer our ww2 stuff.

for me no tupperware car either

59 minutes ago, JPMulders said:

Fully agree

sorry you cannot get better than a ww2 jeep to much plastic on that one   

11 minutes ago, steviem said:

As I am going to be doing quiet a bit of body work bought one of these to help as well as the hammer and dollies,  anyone used one with success. 

Screenshot_20200929-155338_eBay.jpg

I use a acetylene torch, never used the shrinking disc. Worth a try I guess? Let us know what you think after first time use. 👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jerry Jeep said:

wish i had a bigger workshop just finished the rewiring on the next restoration then its get the ford gpa in the workshop and build up the frame so i can drive it around and test it out before fitting it in the hull   

P1000962.JPG

Looking great that, is it yours bud.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve looked at this listing too and it looks a very good deal. I’m not to sure the jeep police will like the tread pattern as I think the bar grip is a little heavy duty compared to the original. Being quite heavy/chunky, the ride could have a little more vibration. If you compare to some of the other jeep bar grip tyres available you will see what I mean.

• Like 1