looking at a ferret

50 cal ( † RIP † )

theres some strange people about i went to have a look at a ferret that was forsale today before i went i knew that it was 99%sold ,i drove 93 miles to see it when i got there it looked ok i asked the bloke can you start it up please he said it starts first time and runs like a dream but theres no point in starting it just to hear it run i thought ok a few minutes later i asked again to be told the same! what a way to sell a vehicle needless to say the vehicle wasnt sold and still there

Don,t worry about it Mark for two reasons:-

1 you would not fit in it

2 there horrible to drive anyway

1. The first Ferret (a Mark 2) I ever drove was in NI, signed out to a man who could easily have been twice my weight, putting him around 20 stone. He was huge. Then we wore bulky ex-Vietnam flak jackets on patrol in NI. The driver's hatch was sealed (it would pop out in an emergency) and all access was via the turret. He lived to drive his Ferrets.

2. Ferret is the best ride you will ever have, and that INCLUDES women (sorry ladies).

Mark 2s in NI.

Mark 2s in UNFICYP.

Mark 1s in BAOR.

Ferrets: gotta love 'em.