Great Dorset Steam Fair

fv1609

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will be there from tues for the whole week, wife decided to go to GDSF instead of abroad, i naturally did not complain, 1st time there renting a caravan from tilshead

will our illustrious leader be there with a drop in centre (tent) :coffee:

graham

That be the Cider Tent:coffee:

Yes Lee quite correct, although it is officially designated as Tent, Cider, Large, Rural (Fun), GS, No.1 Mk 1

The furnishings are quite versatile, they have special features that allow you to use them as tables, chairs or sofas. You can fall on them causing no injury to yourself. You can eat them, feed them to the goat or use bits to remove cheese sandwich from between your teeth. Bales, Straw, Mk 2 are most versatile. I seem to remember a bearded gent from Gloucester who sells Land Rover bits (& others) leading me astray in there once, I think that is the incident that androo is referring to.

(If Tony B goes in there asking for a pint of Devon cider he'll get his swingletree crushed & a manglewurzle in between the futchells.)

Edited by fv1620

(If Tony B goes in there asking for a pint of Devon cider he'll get his swingletree crushed & a manglewurzle in between the futchells.)

OOOOH you are awful.......but I like it.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Particularly as you now have to pay for entertainment in the beer tents.

Clive,

I remember seeing Freddie and the Dreamers there, and you came back from the front row and said how sad it was to see him still performing at his age :cry:

Standing at the back did not spoil the illusion :-D.......

Richard

Clive,

I remember seeing Freddie and the Dreamers there, and you came back from the front row and said how sad it was to see him still performing at his age :cry:

Well yes I'm probably that age now. :shake: But I don't perform on stage anymore.:confused:

Freddie died May 2006. But I would sooner see an ageing performer than some replica group trading off the skill & success of real performers. I think all the main tents have these copycat groups, which are by no means cheap to see. For me they are about as much interest as seeing a replica vehicle or just a photocopy of an EMER.

Edited by fv1620

Yes Lee quite correct, although it is officially designated as Tent, Cider, Large, Rural (Fun), GS, No.1 Mk 1

I think that is the incident that androo is referring to.

That I think was a couple ot years ago, all I remember was you falling to the floor talking jibberish telling us how the tent was to be asembled...... Somthing like that anyway as we were almost as p**sed as you.

I don't like this idea of paying for entertainment in the beer tents :( we'll sort our own out.

Ferret will be there from the Sunday onwards.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Croc are you going to the Great Dorset Steam Fair and may I dare ask if you are driving down in a fantastic old , rather slow vehicle origionally from the Watford area ? I am going for one of the days so hopefully we can have a chat and a beer if you are ! Safe journey mate , Andy ! :-D

I will be at Dorset for the week, but not in the Scammell. Chat and beer sound like a good bet. A couple of mates of mine live close to the show and have several things to take, my ride for the show is this much modified Millitant.

mikesmillitantfu3.jpg

I am liable to be found somewhere near the working plant,

img0286bq6.jpg

I my also end up around the Playpen. In the evening there is a good chance I will be around the Showmans lineup, as there is quite a strong Aberdeen contingent.

Booked into the Diesel Heavy haulage section I have

My Antar and Dyson

Andi (my wife) Scammell Petrol Meadows Explorer

Andy Denton's Volvo engined Explorer

Leanne Booths Cummins engined Explorer

Bob Rowlands Leyland Martian

Graham Booth's pickford liveried Diamond T 980

Tony Grave's pickford liveried Diamond T 980

Graham Booth's (small) Contractor

Walker Machinery Rotinoff Super Atlantic

Dave Weedon's Rotinoff GR7 (Sunter Bros livery)

John Attlee's 190 Ton Contractor, Crane fruehauf Girder Trailer and REME Museum Conqueror ARV

Chris Thomas' Ex Raf germany Magirus Deutz Uranus

Graham Phillips Mk3 Militant

Roger Packer's Bedford RL

Eric Ramages Scammell Mountaineer

Colin Rose's Leyland Roadtrain

Andy NLBA Ironsides Douglas Boeing 747 Airfield Tractor Leyland 0.900 engined

Simon Howards 240 ton Contractor

As far as I know we will be camped in the same spot as the last few years (over the top of the hill, at the playpen)

Edited by antarmike