what a day!!!

paul connor

Usual day for me!!!

Where do i start, got up went to work! all grand.

Come home to find armed responce unit as well as lots of Police at my house. Upon entering i discover my room has been searched and my Deactivated weapons all checked as well my inert ammo! What the hell has caused this i wonder!

My landlady christy is cool, she knows what i do and indeed what i collect and own! but her interfering mother does not it appear! who had a key to let the dogs out! but instead thought she would come to the 3rd floor and have a nosey in my room! finding 3x L1a1's as well as Sterling SMG and browning hi power and a baton gun! Usually kept in the loft but i was oiling and cleaning them previous night before!

She alerts the Police! not her daughter! the Police! who rush around and strip my room and my deac's! I arrive and show all the paper work and all is good.... until! one female officer from Northern Ireland noticed a book i have next to my copy of "humber Fv1600 series" called "Ulster defence assosiation" she then brands me Loyalist and thinks im suspect!Cant even buy a book for reference pictures of the troubles! and runs a Full back ground check on me! because of a book!

All turns out fine, as i have paper work and indeed hold no religious beliefs or previous records!

What a day! how nervous do you feel when the police search your house! even though i have nothing to be nervous of!

Blimey!

Happened to someone I know a while back, he was reported by the electricity meter reader. When he opened the cupboard, a load of dummy rounds fell out. The old bill turned over his house and industrial unit, keeping him locked in cells in the meantime. All sorted eventually with valid de-ac certs etc. He heard off another tenant of the yard that the armed response unit were seen posing for pictures on his Ferret :police:

Glad you're OK Paul but it goes to show you can't be too careful these days, even in the privacy of your room!! :schocked:

i hate nosey folk! i have my weapons on display by the front door in a stand but everytime someone comes they ask are they real and i go well yeah, and they go dont you need a license? i said no because they are deacts but people automatically assume the worset and act on it

Happened to someone I know a while back, he was reported by the electricity meter reader. When he opened the cupboard, a load of dummy rounds fell out. The old bill turned over his house and industrial unit, keeping him locked in cells in the meantime. All sorted eventually with valid de-ac certs etc. He heard off another tenant of the yard that the armed response unit were seen posing for pictures on his Ferret :police:

Glad you're OK Paul but it goes to show you can't be too careful these days, even in the privacy of your room!! :schocked:

Not a certain aquantince of ours with a plastic M16? :whistle:

I slept through a room drugs search,.................(apparently, the sniffer dogs wouldent go anywhere near my feet. :dunno: :dunno:)

That was in Brighton,.....................turned out they'd got the wrong address,...........and it certainly threw them when they found no lock on the front door....................

Glad things turned out Ok, Paul. Would LOVE to be a fly on the wall, when your landlady speaks to her mum........................ :whistle:

Andy