Blank Firing Guns

Mark

Question

Mark

My understanding is that you may fire a blank firing weapon on your own property - but be prepared to welcome an armed response team if your neighbours are of the jumpy type.

Usually show organisers state if blank firing weapons are alllowed to be discharged. And point of note is that the gun should be side venting not vent from the end of barrel.

you do not need a licence to own it or to buy the blanks.

Hang on Jerry is here and knows much more about it than me.........

just passing over to him............

What Sue has put about covers it, part from not sure about transportation to a show etc....

Have lots of fun in this PC country, now if you were of a certain ethnic/sexual/political persuasion you could just blast away merrily :whistle: :whistle: :evil: :evil: Hardyferret

To my knowledge Mark - no licence is required but boy, do you have to be careful.

Check with the show organisers if it's OK as people tend to get nervous when firearms start to appear.

Always advisable to check things like liability insurance if it's a public event.

Advisable to inform the local Police as well or you may well end up with SO19 pointing real guns at you.

PLUS.

Never, never, ever point a loaded weapon - even with blanks at anyone or anything. Some people presume a blank is harmless - not so - seen many serious injuries with blanks. They do fire projectiles and can give a serious burn.

Not saying you would and don't want to teach people to suck eggs - but some people are very blase about blank weapons.

Markheliops

The safest way to transport a blank firer is to act as if it a live weapon. When being transported to a from a place or use or storage. The Trigger must be covered. Best shove it in the box till you get to the show.

A good idea even with deacts, these days,................when No4 is in gun rack in cab of Bedford, whilst travelling, clip is removed and carried separetly.....also security chain is locked around trigger guard.............having been stopped by police in a routine check, they were quite ok with precautions taken. (yae, I know as it is a deact, I needent do any of this,...........but it makes for an easier life. :-))

What blank firer are you thinking of getting, Mark

I dont quite know really, something that would go with a Jimmy :-D and something quite reasonable on price, any ideas

No such thing as a reasonably priced Blank firers... Stens from £450.00 Thompsons from £850.00 there's NO .30 or .50cals... sidearms from about £150.00

No such thing as a reasonably priced Blank firers... Stens from £450.00 Thompsons from £850.00 there's NO .30 or .50cals... sidearms from about £150.00

Just found this place as they have got both a .30 cal and MG42 as blnak firers. I am a little scared to ask the price though especially when you look at what they are asking for a M4A1 :whistle:.

.30 cal and MG 42

http://www.frontlinearmouries.co.uk/view_products.php?category=4

M4A1

http://www.frontlinearmouries.co.uk/view_products.php?category=3

Now that makes even War Dept's prices seem reasonable :dunno:

Just found this place as they have got both a .30 cal and MG42 as blnak firers. I am a little scared to ask the price though especially when you look at what they are asking for a M4A1 :whistle:.

.30 cal and MG 42

http://www.frontlinearmouries.co.uk/view_products.php?category=4

M4A1

http://www.frontlinearmouries.co.uk/view_products.php?category=3

Now that makes even War Dept's prices seem reasonable :dunno:

As I said... no .30cals

Delivery Timescales: Currently in development
been like that since begining of the year....

It MAY be possible to get a thirty cal or even a .50 cal on a section one licence. BUT they would have to be single shot only. I dont know if any exist. Even displaying a belt on one would render it sec 5.

Impossible... section 5's can't be converted to section 1

Well 25 pounders drive through the regs. God knows how but you can get them licensed as 'Bolt action single shot'.

25prds are not Section 5 (Prohibited) weapons, many years ago you could have Single shot .410 converted Brens but they are illegal now & all those had to be either deactivated or destroyed..

Never point a weapon - real or deact or blank firing at ANYONE!!!

Not only is bad form but the one pointed back might just be the real thing.....

It's not bad form, it's blind-making.

At ranges of up to ten metres, a blank-firing hand weapon discharges enough cordite remnants and brass shavings from the inside of the case to render the target blind.

In 1981 I commanded a Scorpion on exercise. We advanced down a fire break, searching to make contact with the advancing Orange Forces (Scimitars of our own Close Recce Squadron, A Sqn). Hearing the sound of a J60 engine heading my way, I set up an ambush, caught him cold and sent a Contact Report claiming to have engaged and destroyed.

Of course there were no umpires (it was only regimental training, not the real I-am Field Training Exercise), and the Orange forces' Pink didn't allow for them being knocked out.

He continued coming. I had my driver reverse back up the fire break at speed, around a corner into a small clearing, where I set up the ambush again.

I ordered my gunner to elevate the 76 to maximum elevation and loaded a blank. (A 76 blank consists of an "empty" case with about an inch of cordite in the bottom, just enough to cycle the breech and eject the empty case after firing. That was quite a bit of cordite.) The Scimitar came around the corner and my gunner let it go at no more than maybe 20m range. The Scimitar accepted defeat (while the crew reamed the loosened wax from their ears) and I straightened the line again).

Same exercise, it must have been about February, our troop was covering a nominal reserve demolition, a bridge over a stream in a deep valley. The other section was hull down on the ridge line; we were in the village, my 76 pointed at the bridge.

Sure enough at dawn a section of A Sqn Scimitars came over the bridge. If I had fired a blank, I'd have put out every window in the street with the blast, even from a blank, so I ordered my driver to signal the engagement in the recognised manner, by flashing our headlights at the lead vehicle.

Again, being A Sqn Close Recce cowboys, they blithely followed their pink, ignored us - apart from waving cheerily as they passed - and carried on up the hill, also blithely ignoring our other section which had them equally cold (well it was February).

It was about this time that I began to realise that people were not taking getting themselves killed seriously and the end was in sight. That month I got engaged (married 26 years today) and started making plans to ensure my marriage didn't go the way of so many in the cavalry.

But, no, NEVER point a blank at somebody.

hi the price is £1850 complete all you need is to connect your propane and oxygen and a 12v battery these are professionally made and supplied to the us army

Plus a good chance of having it siezed now by customs.. the Sale, Manufacture & Importation of RIF'S ( Realistic Imitation Firearms) is now illegal under the VCR act 2006