1940 Bedford OY restoration.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem Bill, strangely I know one of the QL owners had exactly the same problem with his when he bought it! I did dig out my spare, so I will put it away again - no doubt it will come in handy one of these days. I will try and dig out my odds and sods box at the weekend, as I'm sure I have a few of the bodyside cleats/hooks that you wanted.

All the best, Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
image.jpg Front of, rocker gaskit changed and fitted back on core plugs sorted, rads out as it needs resoldering around the bottom hose area. Few bits painted, I'm not doing a full strip down as she don't need it. Hopefully get the master cylinder back again this week and we can get some brakes!. Bill

image.jpg

Looks good :)

This might seem like a daft question but as its a 1940s British lorry why is it painted in German Panzer colours?

The Germans used plenty of captured British motor vehicles to make up for the fact that they were still heavily dependent upon horse-drawn transport & never had enough of their own - the fabled 'lightning war' was usually only the very pointy bit at the front... :)

image.jpgThe whole front end is painted, the rads going. In 2 pack black and I will refit it all Tuesday and run her up, once the brakes are done she can have a finale coat of sand, still got to fit the front window screens hoops and canvas and to back inner tubes and other little tweaks and tweerks, happy to get a bit of paint on! Not long now :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well done Bill good to here the brakes are working, Good old past parts, they rang me today the wheel cylinders and master cylinder are ready for the dodge WC51 I am rebuilding for a client. Looks like you are going to have the truck done well ahead of schedule. Keep up the good work.Howard