My Growing Collection

Duffy

I have somehow grown to have an immense interest in the Gulf War/Granby for some reason. I think speaking with the vets and actually being able to buy armoured vehicles that have been known to have been in the Gulf has fueled this interest. The stories and personal/unpublished pics that the vets share are incredible. Here is a link to a video of my Scorpion (Belgian) that was completely done up to look like my Sabre when it was a Scorpion with the 14th 20th King's Hussars in 90-91. The exterior is pretty much done with the exception of a few bits and markings. The video was taken last Saturday on "Tank Day" at the Ontario Regiment Museum in Oshawa, Ontario.

I am still working on my driving skills!! Edited by Duffy

So how does a ex Belgian scorpion end up in Canada?

Looks like you have a nice vehicle there, and the others in the vid are cool also.

Now where is the winning lottery ticket.

Nicly done!

Here is another ex-Belgian Scorpion in Canada, done up as a Belgian Scopion.

Only changes were a paint refresh on the markings, and we added a NOS Gearbox and generally cleaned up the engine bay. We found lots pencil writing on the firewall in the drivers position, seems that a long ago driver had a thing for a girl named Tamara :-)

if anyone wants engine bay pics, we'd be happy to post

Cheers

Nick

CWCCVR(T).jpg

Nicly done!

Here is another ex-Belgian Scorpion in Canada, done up as a Belgian Scopion.

Only changes were a paint refresh on the markings, and we added a NOS Gearbox and generally cleaned up the engine bay. We found lots pencil writing on the firewall in the drivers position, seems that a long ago driver had a thing for a girl named Tamara :-)

if anyone wants engine bay pics, we'd be happy to post

Cheers

Nick

CWC[ATTACH=CONFIG]82010[/ATTACH]

Post away!

Were the writings in Dutch or French.

If in Dutch (Flamish) I may be able to translate.

The first pic is the after, while the second pic is the before.

Steps to convert to British Gulf War:

The most challenging task was removing the swim curtain. All bins replaced with the exception of the rear hull bin. Turret side bins added. Smoke grenade dischargers removed and replaced with correct ones. Chieftian bins added to front left and right side on hull. Proper fire extinguishers added. Commanders sights/periscope hood with Otis mount added. Gunners sight hood added.

Small Chieftian bin added to turret rear bin on right and wire spool attached to it. Grenade small bins relocated as required. Water jerry can and mount added to left rear side of hull. What was left of the American comms where removed and fully replaced with clansman kit including two 353 radios. The attached pics show my 91 Land Rover Defender 90 and Sankey trailer and two Strikers. A Ferret MK2/3 and a Spartan will soon join the collection.

IMG_6486.jpg

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg

image (4).jpg

image (5).jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Duffy

I have somehow grown to have an immense interest in the Gulf War/Granby for some reason. I think speaking with the vets and actually being able to buy armoured vehicles that have been known to have been in the Gulf has fueled this interest. The stories and personal/unpublished pics that the vets share are incredible. Here is a link to a video of my Scorpion (Belgian) that was completely done up to look like my Sabre when it was a Scorpion with the 14th 20th King's Hussars in 90-91. The exterior is pretty much done with the exception of a few bits and markings. The video was taken last Saturday on "Tank Day" at the Ontario Regiment Museum in Oshawa, Ontario.
I am still working on my driving skills!!

Hello Alan

Vehicles look very smart indeed. As for driving dont forget there is a distinct step in the ratios when you get to 4th gear. This isnt such a problem going up the box, but if you come down too quickly you end up see sawing all over the place with the revs through the roof..! If you can keep the momentum up you will find everything a lot smoother if you can keep it in the top 3 gears. Driving on the road is of course a different matter altogether since you have to make sure you are in the right gear to get round whatever corner you are approaching....not so critical if you are hacking round fields..

Cheers

Tim