Military revival 5/6 Oct 2013

shaun

Visited today, simply splendid, good exhibits, not too crowded, friendly folk, the Cromwell was superb despite limited revs, great weather, a good day was had. The runway was very busy with light aircraft buzzing about all day. The Fv432 and Abbott knocked up some miles doing demo's and never missed a beat. Thoroughly enjoyable. Jerry

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great time over the weekend, a good base to start on and hopefully to build on in coming years. Big thanks to Shaun and the team, always buzzing about organising things.

Struggling with Photo bucket tonight, heres some pics.

http://s855.photobucket.com/user/fiscusk/slideshow/Military%20Revival

Look forward to next year.

Hi folks,

I have to say, thoroughly enjoyed the show and helped out a little ! Now I want a carrier even more since first drive of one went so well.

Great site and lots of potential for the futre, and would make a great end of season show !!!!

May the FUDGE be with you !!!!!!!!

Amdy Mitch

Thanks to everybody who organised the show, we both had a great time the vehicles were stunning and it was nice to see them being driven. The hanger dance was very good and the group were excellent, I hope you do it next year as we will definitely come again. If the dodge behaves herself I will try and come in that. Thanks Simon

The fun has not finished for us on site, we are putting all the kit away back in the storage hanger . It's a fair drive from the show ground , nice to see the Cromwell stretch it's legs in open countryside . Enjoy these videos !

I wish my mechs worked like you guys....but 3 plus years and the HSC is like 99% done!! Looked like a smashing time, need to get back across the pond more!! Great vids of the Cromwell, now I just need to sell the HSC, the BMW, the Landrover and maybe the house to pull of the deal!

Edited by lssah2025

Rick , a big thanks for bring "shufti" down. As ever it was the star of the show. It ran superbly across the airfield , I think the run did it some good . Next year we need a Churchill there so get you finger out and get it finished !!!!

Rick , a big thanks for bring "shufti" down. As ever it was the star of the show. It ran superbly across the airfield , I think the run did it some good . Next year we need a Churchill there so get you finger out and get it finished !!!!

Hi Shaun. Couldn't agree more, we need more British kit, I'll bring my modest collection of two toys next year (MCC C4 & C8 HUW) and weather permitting camp over. I've been talking with one or two chums and it sounds like they'll be bringing more vehicles (alas American stuff!). Keep up the good work. Best. Jerry

Hi, I really enjoyed the show, I thought there was an excellent cross-section of vehicles there, with a definite emphasis on British stuff, which is always nice to see. A good selection of artillery pieces, too, which makes a bit of a change.

Highlights for me were (obviously) the Cromwell, which sounds wonderful, but the little Uni. Carrier also put in a good show in the arena (as did everything, to be fair), and the 'Russkis' at the top corner with their AT guns in the hedge was very well executed.

I took a ton of photos, although I haven't had chance to sort through them yet, but I did manage to 'fettle' a handful just to give a feel of the day:

Military Revival - Cromwell (1).jpg

Military Revival - Universal Carrier.jpg

Military Revival.jpg

Military Revival - Cromwell (2).jpg

Military Revival - Russian AT gun.jpg

Kevin