Military revival 5/6 Oct 2013

shaun

This is a new Military vehicle rally and airshow ! 5/6 Oct 2013

Old Buckenham Airfield and Battlefront (EEMM) are hosting a new major event in East Anglia (NR17 1PU ) the will be a large vehicle demo and battle arena , stalls, airshow , hanger dance , living history displays and much more . At last the promise of a major event in Norfolk !

please visit the website for more information http://www.militaryrevival.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Plans are going well, tank rides sorted, mini tanks sorted, hanger dance tickets going very well , after speaking to many of you at W&P it's seems we may need a bigger field ! The passes will be processed very soon. If you have not booked yet or having problems with the website , PM me on here with your details and I will get the passes etc sent direct.

• 1 month later...

We are now flat out preparing the vehicles for Military Revival. The arena program is all planned . The media partnership with the Eastern Daily press has boosted advanced ticket sales ( just hope the car park is big enough ! ). We are going to have nearly 50 of the museums vehicles and out of storage and on display, many of the being demonstrated in the arena. here are some images of a few of the vehicles and kit being prepared .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's another vehicle ready for the arena display . Now to prep the Bedford . Starting the heavy armour up next week .

The arena programme is now planned , with many opportunities for collectors to display their pride and joys off to the full, plus some heavy armour shaking the ground .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by shaun

My overheating Uaz 452 along with 2 Gaz 66's and an old Rio, have our passports ready to cross the boarder into Norfolk from Suffolk. Really looking forward to the show, heard good things from air show, hopefully this will a good local ish show. Theres nothing in Suffolk anymore, few small shows here and there.

All your had work will pay off when theres a pint in your hand, keep up the good work.

Next up 1938 Morris Quad, limber and 1940 25 Pdr . All washed , repaired and running . Now for a fresh coat of paint.

This is just one of our 25pdrs we have. One of the others will be maned and demonstrated by our resident former Artillery officer now 84 years of age) At the show . He has made some brilliant training aids to demonstrate the operation and sighting of a field gun - an amazing chap and well worth meeting if you have the slightest interest in field artillery .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The quad ,limber and 25pdr have been painted in Sicily campaign colours . Just the markings to apply . The 25pdr is operational again, so we will probably be making so loud bangs with at Military Revival, they are a nice size piece of kit . Well done team !

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am coming to the show, unfortunately doesn't look like the dodge is going to be coming, so will be coming on one of the bikes(both are green lol), to get to my point does it have to be military style tents with the vehicles or can I bring my civvy tent as it`s a lot easier to carry and lighter than my pup tents.As the 9x9 was the plan but that looks like not happening. Thanks for reading my ramble and if somebody could let me know that would be great.

It was good to see some of you guys at the north norfolk railway 1940s event at the weekend , glad to hear most people there knew about M.R. - we also recently did a big photo shoot and interviews for the press for the event . Look out for it soon if you are in East Anglian .