GMC CCKW Photo Blog

Vulture

... GMC 135 has the reg on the bumper I think ..Worth trawlingposts posts on variouse events within Europe as things like like tanks in town and Normandy quite often post pics of GMC,s and given the fact that they are ROAD events people need to keep their UK reg numbers on so you might spott some UK registerd vehicles ..suppose getting permission to us the shots s the most difficult thing..End of the season for me so it won't be until next year untill I can start to collect more pics in general ..Ken
Ken, intially I thought that about No 135, but 437TCG is a unit number I have now seen on several trucks. Good suggestion about the European sites. It's a bit like a detective puzzle. I keep adding pictures of vehicles to those already logged if it provides something else of interest to look at, or is simply a better photograph. Could do with more engine photos. Kind regards Ian

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep the riff-raff in another thread Vulture..................As Jack would say "We only want a man's truck here!!"Te he heI'll send you a few shots of mine when I have a minute.
Hey Clive, where's this photo you promised me ? :) Position No 71 is still open for you :)

150 has now been dismantled for spares.
Yikes !! That is a real shame for that looks an interesting vehicle, (but also fascinating in an anoraky way). Do you know when it happened, why and by whom ? This is just the sort of info that will make the Blog an interesting repository of information for the GMC enthusiast :)

Ok ...first things first ...get speell chuckr om mi computr. :blush:

150 has been dismantled :-(.. Sad, so sad.

Well done on the site, you have made a flying start. I'm sure that by the start of the next season you'll have passed the 200 mark, it would be nice to add owners names and S'nos etc to each of the truck pluss info like scrapped or under restoration etc .

Ken

Yikes !! That is a real shame for that looks an interesting vehicle, (but also fascinating in an anoraky way). Do you know when it happened, why and by whom ? This is just the sort of info that will make the Blog an interesting repository of information for the GMC enthusiast :)

When he reads this he might own up to it :cool2: I'm sure there was a good reason for it, and bear in mind it was a post war fire truck body - nothing like any WW2 equipment.

When he reads this he might own up to it :cool2: I'm sure there was a good reason for it, and bear in mind it was a post war fire truck body - nothing like any WW2 equipment.

NOS, point him in the direction of this thread if you can :)

Thought I'd use the DVLA site https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/enquiry?execution=e1s1 to get extra details on vehicles, such as Date of registration in the UK and Year of Manufacture. Astonished to find about half the vehicles I've looked at so far aren't shown in their database ! :shocked: :shocked: Any ideas why that might be ?

Kind regards to all

Vulture

Would be fantastic one fantastic database if we could fill it with EVERY GMC currently in the UK :D

- yeah I know, but I like to think big :D

I think it may take some time to get there, but I'm definitely making some progress towards that at the moment :)

Anyone make out what the Reg of this vehicle is on Milweb ? http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/large_image.php?ad=63395&cat=4

Looks like a 939 at the end, not sure about the rest though. It feels a bit cheaky to E-Mail the seller. I've logged it as No 183 http://cckwphotoblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/cckw-353-radio-set.html

Regards to all

Vulture

Ian ...I'd e mail him ...what's the harm ..also push for a better photo.

Ken.

Yeah I might as well :)

Just trawled through 263 photos on photobucket, only 1 UK GMC on there !

Ian

Edited by Vulture

This is great. I can browse shop van pics to my hearts content :cool2:
Hi Jon. Indeed you can :) If you see any corrections required don't hesitate to shout. As an aside, I have been suprised how many of the vehicles are not recorded on the DVLA database. Of those that are, lots have the engine size recorded incorrectly, as well as the year in the some cases. For instance I can't recall when the open cabs first came out, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't 1939 ! LOL