Great Dorset Steam Rally

I have got a weeks holiday booked in Dorset, so I can attend this, and have also since discovered that the Bournemouth air festival is on at the same time :-D:-D:-D

Hoping to get to GDSF Wednesday and maybe Saturday. Have found some reduced rate entry coupons too. Will have to come and introduce myself Clive.

Simon

Edited by marvinthemartian
brain fade, must go to bed!!!

• 1 year later...

It was actually pushed onto site. But yes it is very muddy they closed the pre paid public camping late afternoon. I heard of someone who had travelled 200 miles with caravan to join parents and was turned away and was left to fend for himeslf. So I can imagine there will be many such dissapointments.

Exhibits all seem to be here. Walking around not too bad until you hit a thoroughfare. I notice the major pedestrian crossing manned by 3 - 4 quite young safety officers are not always looking out for oncoming traffic and have heads down texting or twitting.

Quite a lot of spaces in market trading area but no great loss for me. Found no bargains in autojumble. But pleasant company in MV section

Steve I did see it as I was intrigued by the anti balloon rockets. But didn't attempt a photo as it was so crowded in there.

All my pictures are on my camera and I can't get them onto my phone as running on 3G. Although luckily I'm on O2 that have a mast set up and at least that is quicker than my broadband at home.

Ok Clive, glad the place is busy as it's the first time we've done away days with aircraft like the pup so happy it's being received well. The rockets are mock ups we made a few years ago when we refurbished the airframe and are purely cardboard tubes fettled to look right, it would have been a very brave man to use them in anger as the rocket plume could catch the fabric.

Cheers

Steve

Hi John , luckily I was there Friday and enjoyed mostly fine weather and some playpen activity , had a wander around your camp but you was out so maybe next time for a natter ! Always good to see new vehicles so was happy to see a Unipower that I'd not seen before !:D

P1040105 (2).jpg

P1040250 (2).jpg

P1040187 (2).jpg