Pipework Firm?

andym

Can anyone recommend a firm that can make up pieces of metal pipework? The Abbot has a coiled steel expansion pipe between the water pipe and radiator that should look like item 29 on this drawing:

Coolant System Closeup.jpg

Unfortunately mine looks like this because someone obviously forgot to undo it before removing the radiator!

IMG_2253aw.jpg

I could do with someone to salvage the ends and make me up a new piece of pipe. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Andy

Unfortunately mine looks like this because someone obviously forgot to undo it before removing the radiator!

I could do with someone to salvage the ends and make me up a new piece of pipe. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Andy

Andy,

Why not make it out of copper pipe, anneal it then form around a suitable sized round object.

Pipecraft on the Lancing Ind.Est. have some useful machinery in their workshop

not cheap for what I wanted but perhaps a continuous coil could be less labour intensive?

ended up having a play with a friends vice-mounted pipe bender and using some stainless 12mm x 1mm tube from Pipecraft, successfully made up the compressor to sensing tank pipe (amongst others) I was missing during brake conversion - I started with copper but was concerned about metal fatigue given the compressor is engine mounted and the sensing tank chassis-mounted (although with a rubber hose also fitted in line helping to absorb some vibration, perhaps I didn't need to worry) - was pleasantly suprised to find the stainless tube worked easier than the copper - the extra hardness helping to hold it's shape around tight (for example 140degree) bends - the restrictions were getting really tight bends in opposite directions immediately following each other due to the way the tool grips the pipe but I copied a steel original (it snakes around to aid cooling of the compressed air) borrowed from a fellow Dodger and was happy with the end result - not sure if the continuous coil in that diagram could be achieved with the tool I used but good luck with your search

Thanks all -. I need to measure the pipe but it's about 4mm od from memory. I wonder if something other than steel is the answer, perhaps I could bend it myself round something of suitable diameter and then get someone to do the ends?

Andy