Want to take your category H license...?

Jack

It's about the only one - other than maybe the Sultan - that is suitable. And no one seems too interested in Ambulances...

I've been talking to Lee and it would seem that at 6' tall and 19.5 stone in weight I'm oversize for the Sabre, Samaritan, Scimitar and Scorpion. Not sure about the Spartan.... Other than that it's a 432 or something Soviet if I'm staying with PW era.

Good point on insurace there Lee, be interesting to see what the DVLA tell Jack as to what can be done.

Neil,

The drivers hatch on all of the CVRT series is the same size. When getting in one you need to slide your legs in first between the tillers and then lower yourself in. Getting out involves pushing yourself up and dragging your legs out behind you. You would need to try a few first, but the Sabre/Scorpion chassis is the most difficult one to get in. A 432 on the other hand has a large square drivers hatch and you'd probably get in there fine.

Chris

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jack

Yes, I'm very much up for taking a H Catagory Licence. As the owner of a 1943 tracked vehicle which one day will be back on the road, I would be a fool not too!

Some people would say I'm a fool at the best of times anyway :-o

Cds

Neil,

The drivers hatch on all of the CVRT series is the same size. When getting in one you need to slide your legs in first between the tillers and then lower yourself in. Getting out involves pushing yourself up and dragging your legs out behind you. You would need to try a few first, but the Sabre/Scorpion chassis is the most difficult one to get in. A 432 on the other hand has a large square drivers hatch and you'd probably get in there fine.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Got the offer from Marcus to go and have a look at the Smaritan he's got for sale so I'll have a go there. I think, after the weekend expedition, I need to lose about 6 stone in weight!!! :shake:

Thanks Chris. Got the offer from Marcus to go and have a look at the Smaritan he's got for sale so I'll have a go there. I think, after the weekend expedition, I need to lose about 6 stone in weight!!! :shake:

Go for it Neil :tup: and go for the Samaritan :banana:

now now no fighting men

:bow: :bow: pleaseeeeeeeee Jack tell us the details :thankyou:

(or i'll post the side ways shot of you in the tunnel :evil:)

Oh yeah.............and I might just post the one of a certain part of your anatomy that was on display. :evil:

Ok ok, sorry, just been watching Bad Lads Army but as Richard has asked some nicely... :-D

I spent an hour on the phone to the DVLA, heres a tip for you - forget it!

I ended up speaking the Driving Standards Agency and it must be said that they bent over backwards to help, so a big thank you to them.

The bottom line is that a H license is for a track vehicle, not matter if it is for a excavator or a 50 ton tank.

I repeat, H license is for a track vehicle, not matter if it is for an excavator or a 50 ton tank the law doesn't differentiate between any vehicle, a track laying vehicle is just that - a track laying vehicle.

With this license, you CAN drive a tank on the public highway

...so game on gentlemen!

Jack (Dorset) = 1

richardrosser (Kent) .........

Mark (Kent) .

Mark's mate (Kent) .

Neil (Essex) > =7

John (Essex) .

Lee (Essex) .

Ian (Essex ........

So it looks like the HMVF (South-East Section) will have to get Jack to take his test in Essex or Kent :whistle:

So is the test on the road or can it be off road? does it have to be a road registered vehicle & what about named insurance for everyone if we hire one?? I've only hired diggers for off road use but would imagine that if you hired one for use on the road they would want a copy of you FULL (H) licence which we don't have yet & only the hirer would be insured.. but if we can take it off road then most of that is irrelevant :dunno:

Jack (Dorset) = 1

richardrosser (Kent) .........

Mark (Kent) .

Mark's mate (Kent) .

Neil (Essex) > =7

John (Essex) .

Lee (Essex) .

Ian (Essex ........

So it looks like the HMVF (South-East Section) will have to get Jack to take his test in Essex or Kent :whistle:

Don't forget Snapper he's an Essex lad..