Want to take your category H license...?

Jack

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack (Dorset) = 1

richardrosser (Kent) .........

Mark (Kent) .

Mark's mate (Kent) .

Neil (Essex) > =9

John (Essex) .

Lee (Essex) .

Ian (Essex ........

Rob (nearly essex)

Paul Connor (east sussex)

My god.........what is it with you Essex. Kent folk??

There are 3 of us in Dorset who want to go for it :-D

I may not be able to get to this week or next week but will have a look at what we need to do........as I would like to have one by the spring!

Cheers

Jack

My god.........what is it with you Essex. Kent folk??

There are 3 of us in Dorset who want to go for it :-D

I may not be able to get to this week or next week but will have a look at what we need to do........as I would like to have one by the spring!

Cheers

Jack

It's that we're kind of dynamic go-getting PW owning types Jack :evil: :evil: :evil:

Will be speaking with one of our lads with a 432 tomorrow regarding using his vehicle for the test, and have a couple of locations in mind if we are allowed to take it off road.

Will report back when I know more.

BTW did anyone find out if the test has to be taken on the road? Reason I ask is that when taking the test at Duxford the members there take it on the airfield (actually at the back of the Land Warfare Hall).

I am also up for this........ I live in West Sussex........ BUT My bro lives in Dorset....... wait for it cause it gets better............

He is a Challenger 2 driver at Bovi (he has an H license already)!!!

I might be able to bolster you boys in Dorset AND bring him along to offer advice. It all depends on when.... I work shift work and he tends to be a busy boy!

I am also up for this........ I live in West Sussex........ BUT My bro lives in Dorset....... wait for it cause it gets better............

I might be able to bolster you boys in Dorset AND bring him along to offer advice. It all depends on when.... I work shift work and he tends to be a busy boy!

I'm moving to Dorset :whistle:

Fantastic Karl! I am sure we could work around your shifts :-D

Cough cough.......you guys can stay up in Kentland and Essexland!

Jack

Member of the Dorset H Cat Group. ( No affiliation to groups in the east, I want to be but I'm but still saving up for a PW MV)

Jack.. Ex-Member of the DoverTunnel Team :evil:

• 2 weeks later...

Finaly got an aswer fromthe DSA re tracked tests..

Our ref: 0701/01775

Dear Sir/madam

Thank you for your e-mail of 17 January regarding the Category H test.

The category H – track-laying vehicles steered by their tracks. This category does not include vehicles designed, constructed and used for excavation work, which are normally allowed to be driven to and from the place of operation by category B licence holders.

The vehicle that you produce for the test must be tax and the person/s using the vehicle must have the relevant insurance cover for the vehicle.

The fee for the test is £48.50, to arrange the test and find out details regarding number of tests taken by an examiner at your location, you will need to call our national booking number on 0870 010 1372, or I can send an application form to you if you provide me with your full postal address. The test is conducted as a home test as the vehicle may possibly be limited to how far you can travel; you will be asked to suggest a suitable meeting place. Your test has to take place on roads with traffic and junctions, some very remote locations may be unsuitable.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further enquiries please e-mail customer.services@dsa.gsi.gov.uk

Yours Sincerely

Ryan Brooks

DSA Chief Executive's Office

Jack (Dorset) = 1

richardrosser (Kent) .........

Mark (Kent) .

Mark's mate (Kent) .

Neil (Essex) > =9

John (Essex) .

Lee (Essex) .

Ian (Essex ........

Rob (nearly essex)