Want to take your category H license...?

Jack

can you add my name to the list please? As to rear view, what about cameras? Most large vehicles have to be fitted with them now, despite the fact ' a screen must not be fitted to avehicle where it is in view of the driver or distract the driver'. A double decker bus is not fit for use in service unless the driver has a method of monitoring the upper deck, all of them now use a CCTV screen. :dunno:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you add my name to the list please? As to rear view, what about cameras? Most large vehicles have to be fitted with them now, despite the fact ' a screen must not be fitted to avehicle where it is in view of the driver or distract the driver'. A double decker bus is not fit for use in service unless the driver has a method of monitoring the upper deck, all of them now use a CCTV screen. :dunno:

Think it's the same as any other vehicle you have to show you can manoeuvre using the mirrors... not every vehicle you drive will be fitted with a camera.. do what I did ask the DSA directly.. they answer the emails pretty fast..

Funny though if the information is all up to date they are not insisting on playing that computer game they call the Hazard perception and theory test. I did mine for the PCV, my instructor pointed out that if I ever got to the point where I had to manoeuvrer the way DVLA expected at the point the computer scored he would rip my head off and do unspeakable things with the remains.

Thanks Lee.

For the theory/highway code refreshers take a look at these sites:

http://www.passmytheory.co.uk/?gclid=CNGyu5PXzI4CFQTUlAodsn7E9A

http://www.theorytest.net/

Vehicle status is something I'll need to sort out with the guys from Russian Trucks for ordinary use, let alone tests! At least I can use the mag "L" plates as the hull is steel. :-D

What we do need, however, is a "Where"!!!. The place my old TA units used to use is now a no-go area (North Weald). Any one got any ideas on this point???

Given this thread I thought the article in this months CMV might produce a few comments.

Just to clear any misconception.. the 'roads' on which I took my test were within the grounds of the museum and were therefore private. They had junctions and could, theoretically at least, have had other traffic. Frankly there was little chance over traffic, but I did notice a van turn up mid-way thru the test. He gave me a very wide berth. Well, a tank with L plates... wouldn't you?

As for a 3-point turn being a requirement or not... in fact the number of points were not specified as I recall, but I was certainly expected to be able to turn it around within the width of the road.

Wonder if the guvnors at Coalhouse Fort would allow the Essex boys to take their tests on the grounds there?

Best of luck with the OT-90 Neil... and can I have a drive?

Wonder if the guvnors at Coalhouse Fort would allow the Essex boys to take their tests on the grounds there?

You must be Joking John, the Fort is located on Thurrock Council property.. we have enough trouble on open days just displaying our MV's outside & there's not enough room inside the Fort

So is Tilbury but they can be as 'uncooperative' with WW2. Though they do seem to be seeing some light, or possibly the drop in the balance sheet. Problem is these sites have survived because they changed. EH can get very anally retentive about change. My view is similar to that of the vehicles. If bits just don't exist or you can sympathetically change something, like unleaded heads or electronic ignition that don't show or improve reliability or safety then consider doing it.

No problem John!! I'll let you know when its in the country - and down our neck of the woods. Different beast to the Alvis though - you can do a 90 deg turn (or more) at any speed in any gear..... Makes life interesting :-D

Did you see Andreas, the guy from the DDR, demonstrate the one Russian Truck had on display down at Beltring??