Who was at the sale with the money bags then?????

RattlesnakeBob

Just back from a day out to Bristol to the auction with a few tanks and other interesting bits in....

.and no:cry:........there's nothing new on my driveway....

....Just wondered who else may have been there?????

Prices were very strong from what I saw before wandering off...

try.....£5800 for the Ferret..running...but in well used 'corporate' condition...

....amongst other lots were some running but right tatty little Quad bikes all making between 400 and 600 quid...like I said.....not for me at that kinda money thanks...

...hopefully the auctioneers will post the usual results up on their website but it certainly seemed to me that Mr Money Bags and his entire family was out for the day and were determined not to carry all that heavy money home again......

I was there too Bob. I saw Nothing in the military line that was worth anywhere near what it went for.

£19k for the Chieftain, £20k for the SP Scorpion, £14k for the Abbot runner, £3500 for the Bedford MJ runner, but Not road legal, and £420 for the Peak Engineering GPMG turret for a 432. All + VAT 20%. Recession? What recession?

'Chas.'

being honest ...having seen what the Ferret fetched :undecided:....then the Scorpion thingymajig...

(20 GRAND!!!!) :undecided: :undecided: and then :shocked:!!

Christamighty ! !!! :shocked::shocked: !!! ...the extremely battered Stalwart.... with no front wheels and looking just about ready for the gas lamp:shocked::nut::shocked:........

.....the only thing I was vaguely interested in was the V8 LPG Landrover Discovery with the blown headgasket but..... we skedaddled in fear of catching the obviously rampant 'auction fever' that was afflicting many other folk there......

.....what did that make ?...

Chaps

When was the last time a complete running Scorpion came on the open market? Ditto the chieftain...? The Scorpion that went through Withams 2 or 3 years ago fetched £15k + vat, and was a non runner! If you can get a good one for less than £20k then i think you would be a lucky man (or woman) indeed. The only one that really surprised me was the Bedford!

Timbo

I think the Chieftain was probably about right, but £14k for a knackered ex-Corporate Abbot? Tankmania were offering one in similar condition at £10k last year and couldn't shift it.

Andy

At this rate, there is a good chance that 'BLINGO' the Ferret, our Ebay Family 'Friend' may well sell soon!.......Lol!
He should have brought it along - it would probably have fetched £20k! :-)

I think the Chieftain was probably about right, but £14k for a knackered ex-Corporate Abbot? Tankmania were offering one in similar condition at £10k last year and couldn't shift it.

Andy

Have they still got it ?!

one thing to remember is the scrap value of some of this stuff. We have been getting upwards of £700 for 432 packs:nut: and crazy prices on the heavy armour. Which is why we have scrapped all of our vehicles even the runners. Only got an abbot and the cent left now:embarrassed:

I too live in Bristol and knew nothing of this. Was it the corporate entertainment just south of Bristol?

I drove past it about a year ago after a colleague said he had seen some "tanks" in a field while on a bike ride and gave me directions.

Richard

one thing to remember is the scrap value of some of this stuff. We have been getting upwards of £700 for 432 packs:nut: and crazy prices on the heavy armour. Which is why we have scrapped all of our vehicles even the runners. Only got an abbot and the cent left now:embarrassed:

Please don't tell me you have scrapped the ferret/s! :-(

I too live in Bristol and knew nothing of this. Was it the corporate entertainment just south of Bristol?

I drove past it about a year ago after a colleague said he had seen some "tanks" in a field while on a bike ride and gave me directions.

Richard

ACF Entertainment, just South of the airport. The sale was advertised on Milweb and at one stage had three separate threads running here on HMVF!

Andy