W.h.y?

rosie

Having a discussion with the cubed one this morning, a friend of a friend has a small collection of vehicles of which the missus knows nothing about !!!!!

Does anyone else have a secret stash of toys?

One of my mates referred me to the "rules for tractor collectors", many of which seem to apply to MVs as well.

RULE #2. Similarly,

never line up your tractors, ever. Nothing distresses a difficult spouse more

than seeing twelve old tractors lined up, looking for all the world like a

burning pile of hundred dollar bills. Scatter the tractors around - a couple

behind the shed, one or two in the shed, another beside the garage - so that it

is not possible for anyone, if you know who I mean, to see more than two or

three from any one perspective. Your hobby will be less "irritating" that way,

if you know what I mean.

RULE #3. For much the

same reason, don't number your tractors #1, #2, #3. Give them names. You'd be

surprised how much less trouble you will have, if you talk about "Steel Wheels"

or "Sweet Allis" rather than "Allis Chalmers WC #14."

[/Quote]

More here - http://users.xplornet.com/~jackson5/shed/rules.html

Edited by Lauren Child

A chap I met briefly a long time ago at a show, told he owned ten Scammells in various states of repair, all kept at different places with different 'landlords', they all gave him grief!

All of this was somehow kept secret from his wife!

Can't remember his name but it sure wasn't Mr Easylife...

more importantly , how many wives/gf s have a secret stash of toys ..............:wow:

... Conversely, -it is also quite likely that some of the chaps on here may also have a secret stash of secret girlfriends or mistresses!, or also, how many of the wives/gfs of members have a secret stash of blokes for when we are 'away' at shows, or working on our vehicles away from home? .....

Oh blimey what a can of worms I've opened!!!!!!

I was just shocked that this chap was able to have a collection of vehicles with out his partner knowing anything about it at all.

Ok the cubes garage is down the bottom of the garden so it's easy to see what he has in there, but he does also have shares in another shed........

Or is it cos I have more of an interest in the hobby?? Or is it cos he's dead scared of me and would never keep anything from me???!!!!

Shares in another shed? OMG.

R3 - URGENT! Those 'spare parts' you never asked me about about a while back - I've deleted my PMs and suggest you do the same asap to make sure there is no trail.

:sweat:

Edited by N.O.S.
What? I didn't edit anything....

R3 - URGENT! Those 'spare parts' you never asked me about about a while back - I've deleted my PMs and suggest you do the same asap to make sure there is no trail.

you do know that there is software available to track deleted emails etc?

:rofl:

Ahem...guilty as charged...

I rationalise it on the basis that a)she has limited interest in the hobby b)this is my worst secret and i am sure there are plenty of middle aged men out there with worse ones..!

LOL!!!!

Just logging into his account whilst he 'soaks' in the bath!!!!!

Ahem...guilty as charged...

I rationalise it on the basis that a)she has limited interest in the hobby b)this is my worst secret and i am sure there are plenty of middle aged men out there with worse ones..!

I bet there are!!!!!

As some of you know I re-married last year so my beloved (the new wife that is) is still getting used to my foibles and working out just how many vehicles there are around the place . She's already said that I must outlive her as she doesn't want to have to sort out all the junk ! But a couple of weeks ago we were out and on the road met a mate in his lorry delivering one of his small 360 excavators . Later she asked if we had a digger of our own and I had to point out that she had actually walked past it several times without noticing...last weekend we were out in the garden having a bit of a tidy up so I couldn't resist calling her over and saying " Do you see this orange tractory type thing here with the shovel on the front and the backhoe ......?:-D

I am very very lucky. My other half encourages me! She spent a lot of last year pointing out that I really needed to get a Scammell or similar. When we were looking at Pioneer's she said she liked the tank transporters. Then said that if I got a gun tractor or recovery I'd have to get her a tank transporter to play with! As it is I've now got a Unipower and she is very happy now we have found out it is pre-1960 so she can drive it!It does help that she likes steam toys and has a workshop. We get odd looks when I point out to visitors that the machine shop in one of the downstairs rooms of the house is her's and not mine!Ed

I am very very lucky. My other half encourages me! She spent a lot of last year pointing out that I really needed to get a Scammell or similar. When we were looking at Pioneer's she said she liked the tank transporters. Then said that if I got a gun tractor or recovery I'd have to get her a tank transporter to play with! As it is I've now got a Unipower and she is very happy now we have found out it is pre-1960 so she can drive it!It does help that she likes steam toys and has a workshop. We get odd looks when I point out to visitors that the machine shop in one of the downstairs rooms of the house is her's and not mine!Ed

Ed best me and your missus don't meet then as we would spend all your money!!!! I was the one who encouraged the cubed to buy the howitzer. If we had unlimited money and space we would have dragon wagons to!!!!! I want a staff car of some sort but the flippin bank manager would have a hissy fit!!

Why not have a staff car Roise? Some of the pre war Wolsley and Vauxhall cars are perfectly capable of being used around town nowadays. Not that I'd dream of influencing a sober, right thinking person such as you. :cool2:

(No road tax, cheap insurance, little deprication)

Why not have a staff car Roise? Some of the pre war Wolsley and Vauxhall cars are perfectly capable of being used around town nowadays. Not that I'd dream of influencing a sober, right thinking person such as you. :cool2:

(No road tax, cheap insurance, little deprication)

Cos no one wants to swap my worn out, unloved family run around for one that's why!!!!!!!

I will get one, one day!