Use your vehicles

Mark

I think that the pound for pound the Dodge has to be the most superior vehicle of WW2.

Anyone agree of disagree with that?

It's probably the most good looking vehicle, like the Reo is post war but whether it is superior I do not know, more vehicles had a bigger impact on the war effort like the duece and half, remains to be seen I think

oh yes but we'll have to make sure theres something to pull it out when it runs out of fuel :roll: :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Don't worry - little Maud will be there too - just in case!!! 8-) :-D

(are we still going for the swimming pool in the back???)

I think that the pound for pound the Dodge has to be the most superior vehicle of WW2.

Anyone agree of disagree with that?

Certainly seems to be, ability-wise, in that video :-)

for example: Neil in his unstoppable Stolly.

Errr - wouldn't say it was unstoppable - forgetting to fit the bilge plugs before swimming would be a pretty good way of stopping her :shake:

Don't worry - little Maud will be there too - just in case!!! 8-) :-D

(are we still going for the swimming pool in the back???)

Hope you're not thinking of going down the same road as some other groups at Beltring.. Swimming pools, beer umbrellas & Billy Smart's Big Top >:(

It's probably the most good looking vehicle, like the Reo is post war but whether it is superior I do not know, more vehicles had a bigger impact on the war effort like the duece and half, remains to be seen I think

Wouldn't disagree with you there Mark but I thinking about the functionality of the Dodge, it play so many roles.

Hope you're not thinking of going down the same road as some other groups at Beltring.. Swimming pools, beer umbrellas & Billy Smart's Big Top >:(

Yep seeing as Rex threw a wobbly last year/this year with some antics going on with pools, we are on a drought you know (have been for years)

Wouldn't disagree with you there Mark but I thinking about the functionality of the Dodge, it play so many roles.

Yes I suppose it did but did not the (hate to say it) Jeep, that was used in many a role, stretcher carrier, Urmm! you know :dunno:

We will see your Saracen on the off road course at Beltring in July, then? :-D

On-road, off-road - what's the difference in a Saracen?

My first ever experience of driving a military vehicle (if you exclude the RMP motorcycle trials before I tole the RMP where they could stick their truncheons) was a few days after I arrived in Omagh on an IS tour. The drivers all having swanned off to Tidworth on conversion training to CVR(T) for our upcoming new recce role, there was a shortage in our troop.

Having a Group A pre-existing my joining the Army, I was qualified to drive a Ferret (B licence) from Day 1, so one evening we took out the troop's Saracen (a rare occurrence) and I was to follow in a Ferret. We drove past an RUC station with an oil-drum and speed-ramp chicane in front of it to slow the traffic down. The Saracen in front went through flat out and having 6 wheels, it didn't there was no discernable effect on the vehicle's body. I kept my foot down in the Ferret, but became aware of an ever-increasing whine which I simply couldn't place. Then I realised that my commander had worked out that I was going to take the same line and speed through the chicane. The whining stopped when I hit the first speed ramp, to be replaced by a dull thud when we landed, other side of the chicane.

That said, I do remember in 1977 as Squadron Leader's driver parking in a leaguer near Lulworth Ranges behind one of the ACVs. Couldn't help but notice that the Can sank much deeper into the mud than the Scorpions all around.

• 3 weeks later...

quote: "I would dearly love to put a GMC through its paces, not my one cry but if I get another one then I would like to see what they really can and can't do."

I just came across this pic. of me playing in my old GMC which might give you an insight into what they can do...

- Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]