Slow running

Degsy

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even though I agree it's still very slow I want to note that having a fast connection does not guarantee a fast website. Usually it's not your connection which is the limiting factor, it usually is the webserver. Currently our webserver is very busy and thus seems not able to fulfill all connection requests. Some time out completely giving an incomplete website or some load only after a loooong wait.

I am looking at the options, perhaps move to a more expensive server? It all comes down to cost...

Hi Joris, I can't comment about costings for obvious reasons but surely it is up to the server to have sufficient capacity to cope with demand. If you offer a service then you have to fulfil your side of a contract and it appears at the moment they are not doing this. I assume that the server has a number of other clients, are they suffering the same sort of issues?

Tried to reply to this and the site is too slow to respond so this is my second attempt, Jack that was a humerous remark hence the smillie.

Hope this reply posts, if not I will give up ...

My apologies Richard - I think I had PMT yesterday.

it's NOE who keeps me awake at night :sweat:

I was just about to post to say thanks as it seems to be running much better today (touch wood) but then clicked the reply button and it froze. However opened a new tab and the home page loaded quickly and have managed to navigate through to here pretty quickly, compared with previous days. :thumbsup:

I was just about to post to say thanks as it seems to be running much better today (touch wood) but then clicked the reply button and it froze. However opened a new tab and the home page loaded quickly and have managed to navigate through to here pretty quickly, compared with previous days. :thumbsup:

Saying that it just timed out when I went to open another thread and I couldn't open another thread when I clicked on it. :nut:

We are moving to a dedicated server, this will cost an arm and a leg but we'll mange somehow.

Edit: Setup of this server will take up to 36 hours. Then the sites need to be moved and domains need to be pointed to the new server.

All in all it may take up to christmas before we are fully back to normal.

Edited by Joris

We are moving to a dedicated server, this will cost an arm and a leg but we'll mange somehow.

Edit: Setup of this server will take up to 36 hours. Then the sites need to be moved and domains need to be pointed to the new server.

All in all it may take up to christmas before we are fully back to normal.

Thanks for all the stress you have had on this JN - we will buy you pint in the Clubhouse :sweat:

trouble is if u make access to site fee paying you constrict the knowledge base ,plus advertisers would be less willing to place adverts on the site.

I agree and that is the issue we have and not sure a way around this but the way HMVF grows and the amount of traffic we have - I think we will have to look at options to make it sustainable.

- what pillock started this place?!