Degsy

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joris - speed of iinitial upload much improved, but for me:

1) If I try to load previous page of thread the connection usually drops out.

2) Smilies list on right displays ok now but they will not upload onto post. :blush: Look - now working just 5 minutes later!

3) 'More' smilies page doesn't load. :banana: But it does now - odd.

I wonder if the smilies are taking a long, long time to upload - could this be the delay problem we've all been experiencing? Maybe worth investigating?

Tony

Edited by N.O.S.

Just pressed page refresh while on new posts page (computer had been sitting with tis page open for 8 minutes) and after a long wait got 'no matches to search' and was logged out. Logged back in and got index page.Clicked onto a new post (Joris at 08.21) and got the page in skeleton form (photo showed ok).

Also noticed three of the right hand smilies had not loaded up again. Odd.

Just tried accessing new post by Vulture - took ages and came up with 'connection lost'. Back paged, got index page and clicjed again - instant access to new post.

Clicked this thread, took 15 sec or so to upload - clicked reply to post and took about 20 sec to access.

Hope my logging of what's happening is of use - must go and do some work now. p.s. some smilies still not loaded up with reply to post page :cool2:

Even though I agree it's still very slow I want to note that having a fast connection does not guarantee a fast website. Usually it's not your connection which is the limiting factor, it usually is the webserver. Currently our webserver is very busy and thus seems not able to fulfill all connection requests. Some time out completely giving an incomplete website or some load only after a loooong wait.

I am looking at the options, perhaps move to a more expensive server? It all comes down to cost...

I would suggest shooting the main man followed at intervals by the remainder of admin until it is sorted. Some people on here will know that I have, what would be considered by some, extreme views but I believe the end justifies the means. .......IT WORKS!!! By the way Jack it's no good legging it, as you know my spies are everywhere.:computerrage::cool2:

On reflection I may have been a little hasty:blush:, apologies to admin but get your weapons and pay a visit to the servers.:cool2:

Still very slow and wouldn't allow me to log in at the first attempt, showed password in letters as opposed to a series of dots and then eventually said I had wrong username and password, 2nd attempt ok but painfully slow.

OK.I was logged out. This is just what happened, and is typical:Click onto HMVF 41 sec to gain access to forum front pageClick New Posts 24 sec to get skeleton formatClick page refresh 16 sec to get a different and wierd skeleton form of pageClick page refresh 20 sec to get page loaded correctlyClick Slow Running 2 sec to get pageLog on 24 sec to get logged inReply to thread 15 sec to get reply pageClick on smiley 30 sec nothing for yawning smiley ( note three smilies not loaded on list again)Click smiley again 30 sec nothingClick another smiley 30 sec give upSubmit replyNote none of the line returns worked (line return before each 'Click').... 14 sec to upload reply5 sedc to decide to go on g503.com (Click 'go advanced' to try another smiley!) 4 sec loaded advanced ok.

:cool2: Well what do you know, smiley worked.

click highlight text in bold worked ok

Oh look line returns work ok now!

Edited by N.O.S.

Gave up trying to open the home page on my lappy after 5mins of waiting!

It's ok via my phone possibly slightly slower but manageable!

As with others all other web sites and forums are fine.

Sorry Joris, I know you are working hard to sort it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Love from Rosie x