Major Mouse !

thedawnpatrol

A strange question, but i bet i'm not the only one to suffer, MICE ! just this time of year, i have trouble where i store my trucks in a barn on a farm, theres no food, but plenty of yummy canvas !

What the best deterant ? traps ? I have even tried Citronella essence...............any one any ideas ?

Jules

Seriously though Julian - over the years the only trouble I've had has been with stuff thats rolled up,especially cammo nets. I've always put rat poison down except where sheer numbers fendered this pointless.

At the end of the summer you may have to think about bagging up your seat cushions and loose canvas,sealing it and possibly taking it home. You won't beat them.

David.

Yeah, but its effective! The mice don't come back! There was an old country story of putting bed legs in troughs of water to keep mice and vermin out.

OK, I'll park it in the river then !...........

Yes, the only answer really is what i have had to do over the last few years, strip all the 'tasty' bits out, and hope they don't touch the wiring !

I hate those meeces to pieces....................................................

Jules

I've had mice eat through the radiator hoses on two cars. I crawled up into the warm engine bay and sat on the air filter chewing...ever tried to set a little nipper then shut the bonnet without setting it off:argh:I used a multi grain hoop with some chocolate spread......mmmmmmmm.......chocolate spread:-)

Yeah, but its effective! The mice don't come back! There was an old country story of putting bed legs in troughs of water to keep mice and vermin out.

What you need to do is put your vehicles up on mushrooms...... no not the ones you eat, the stone ones you use to see grain stores standing on.....

Edited by R Cubed
spelling

Mothballs !!!!!!! , the smell of the naptha keeps them away .

It used to work on the old axial-flow combines we had , just bung them in all the confined spaces that contained wires and sound deadening .... only trouble was for the first few days of use all you could smell was mothballs .

another tip is to open any access panels you can , mice and rats like warm dark places to chew , let in lots of light and air and they are not so happy.

Mothballs DO work,but I have been informed by our local hardwear store that they have been banned >:(>:(

Gary

That will be the moth liberation front again..... next thing we will have to turn all the outside lights off to stop them getting dizzy from flying round and round the light..... one of them made a deliberate attack on me tonight..... he flew straight into the windscreen of my van .... lucky that against 4 tons of van at 60mph one small moth has little affect... but if they start to take growth hormones we may have a problem... imagine the damage a 2 kilo moth could do :D