Forum problems

Marmite!!

No problems here everything fine on the forum. But I have to confess I don't blogg, wiki (whatever that is), use gallery, use the newspages, use home page, look at statistics, look at interviews. Not saying these shouldn't be there but are not for me, I just use the forum as a forum & don't bother with the fancy bits, sorry.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at http://www.hmvf.co.uk Port 80

The snow is not the cause of it but it's gone now.

That's wonderful now the snow's gone. :-D It was very irratating, I would try & nip onto a page & quickly try to read the page before the snow got there & then move off quickly. Thanks for getting rid of that. I'm not getting any problems on the site but I only use the forum, which is fine.

AND AGAIN

Forbidden

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's wonderful now the snow's gone. :-D It was very irratating, I would try & nip onto a page & quickly try to read the page before the snow got there & then move off quickly. Thanks for getting rid of that. I'm not getting any problems on the site but I only use the forum, which is fine.

What operating system and browser are you using? I have these problems both at work and at home on different operating systems and with different browsers.

You are welcome Jack

Forbidden

Oooops! there we go again 34

Joris has turned the snow off & you probably aren't getting problems because like me you just do the HMVForum & not bother with the fancy bits, that's for the youngsters I think :wink:

Clive,

I put the lack of snow down to the fact it is milder in this part of Kent and we often miss the snow :wink:

As for the fancy bits, well, I do look at the gallery, no probs there, but cannot be bothered with the wiki bit.

And.........as you know, like you, I am not a youngster anymore :|

Richard

This is truly confusing!!!!

I just went into the gallery and used the upload via web browser option to add a picture - it did so without any problems. I also used the XP plug-in a couple of days ago without any problem subsequently. Now back in forums (obviously) and still no issues.....

What am I doing that's so different to everyone else such that I have no issues??

O/S is XP Pro, browser is Opera 9.01 - what else could impact the web apps the site runs on/under???

STOP PRESS

Just in from my hosts:

------------------------------

Hello Jack,

Please be informed that the URL is loading fine from our end.The issue may be due to temporary network issues which might be fixed now.Your server is working fine with all services up.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any further problems or questions.

Best Regards,

Niall,

Support Technician