Forum problems

Marmite!!

I only use the forum bit & not had the longstanding problems.

But last night the main forum either couldn't be accessed or even if you were on it couldn't move to another page. Same this morning very slow the jeep gets stuck in the snow on the right side moves a little then stuck again. I check my connection speed which is 4.9 mbps which is the fastest it has ever been. Other sites load ok, so don't know what that all means :?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok chaps, thank you very much for your patients as I do fuly understand how frustrating this can be and it doesn't my bloodpressure any good.

Here is my solution to the problem..........

I looking at seriously considering rebuildin the site from the ground up as there are a lot of things that I would like to do/offer here and I think it is best that I start again. In theory no one will be none the wiser whilst this would be happening until we changed over.

WW2 and us do share the same host and it was from them that I got the recommendation.......so I hope they to look at making a change.

• 4 weeks later...

Had two attempts at posting in the Roadsure/Footman James topic first time failed second time told its off limits to me .

Gonna go sulk now . :argh: :help: :computerterror2: :cry:

That subject has been put on hold for now so its not a computer problem Dave

Is it me or is the forum playing up again :dunno:

width=320 height=240http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e132/safariswing/Startrek.gif[/img]

Still having problems.... have to refresh the page 4 or 5 times before I can get on.. only get the problem on this site & on all 3 PC's in the house :dunno:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at http://www.hmvf.co.uk Port 80

I still get the same Lee only on this forum, but as been promised it will all be sorted out on the new forum, I can only guess that we have superior equipment than the others which causes this . :-D

Yes I was thinking of getting an old valve set like Clives.. he's lucky as I reckon he has a whole shelf of EMMERS to refer to for his computer ;-)

Yes I was thinking of getting an old valve set like Clives.. he's lucky as I reckon he has a whole shelf of EMMERS to refer to for his computer ;-)

But I don't have any problems with the forum! Maybe it's because I just use the forum bit, I don't bother with the fancy bits. I don't blog & certainly not in public, nor do I wiki as I think my mother told me not to do that sort of thing. I hope whatever new forum comes won't get too fiddley that the actual forum bit gets submerged in animations, novelties & fancy bits.

But at least valves will survive EMP, not like these devices that if you look at them in a funny way or touch don't work because of a bit of sweat & static are beyond me.

Computers & those sorts of things are covered in EMER MANAGEMENT J 000 I have to confess I don't have the complete series mine starts at J 020.

But I have got the workings of a hand operated computer that even I can understand from 1911.

width=640 height=364http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v684/fv1620/Cipherslide.jpg[/img]

He can't see the screen on his, can you Neil :whistle: he says it's the monitor but I reckon he needs to get down to Specsavers :whistle:

Oh - I'm so blind I might not even see anything thats Lee shaped & is in front of me when we take Maud out of the Fort next time :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just for the record :-) the monitor here is a worn-out 21" Eizo CAD monitor that was knackered when it came out of Fords a few years ago - now it's go so bad that even with the brightness up at 100% darker photo's are almost unviewable at home.

Oh - I'm so blind I might not even see anything thats Lee shaped & is in front of me when we take Maud out of the Fort next time :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just for the record :-) the monitor here is a worn-out 21" Eizo CAD monitor that was knackered when it came out of Fords a few years ago - now it's go so bad that even with the brightness up at 100% darker photo's are almost unviewable at home.

Neil next time nick a good one ;-) :-D