Vehicle maximum rear overhang

Is anybody up to speed with regard to the laws for maximum rear overhang or rather bits that stick out on a truck. I have refitted the earth anchor on to the back of my Militant. Stood back and looked at it, and thought, it does stick out a bit, well actually it sticks out a lot, just short of a metre in fact, with sharp pointy bits as well

I plan on making a protective cover for it when on the road, but should it have extra lights or something else on it. Any one know for definite?

Anchor 3 web.jpg

pah never mind the clown in the hot hatch! heheh!.....know what you mean though.:D

I would have thought as long as you have some vivid black and yellow stripes on your 'cover' you'll be fine ....

.your actual overhang is nowhere near illegal anyways but you're gonna be well covered legally/liability wise etc if its ridiculously 'visible' to even the most stupid clown in a hot hatch!

Dont seem to bother farmers riding about at night with 6 furrow ploughs hung out 16ft with no lights pulled a car in to not long ago smacked into one as it turned right copper didnt give a monkeys said no excuse for running into back of vehicle

That's sheer stupidity, if we have to travel with anything after dark that is unlit we point the rear work lights down on to the implement, yes I know it's illegal to show a white light to the rear but safety comes first.