www.Longforgotten.co.uk Underground Exploration open day.....

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Richard for the offer, i think i have too many people for your vehicle, so we shall make our own way over in the polo.

I thought the head gasket had blown as it was leaking oil quite badly, turned out to be the oil pressure switch, so i had that replaced along with the cam belt, so 'penny' as she is known, is all good now.

Please everyone leave enough time to get to the meeting point, as time is of the essence and as Sir Paul stressed, it will be dark by 16:30 hrs.

I think our regular public house is gonna be in for a shock when we all march in there afterwards, usually covered in chalk and mud!! :-D

Well, i shall be checking here one more time tommorrow day, then i have to leave work and train to ramsgate

anyone need directions etc call me tommorrow... 07914190 788

or mail dj_con_e@hotmail.com anytime and i shall pic them up when im there tiommorrow eve!

so much to do ! job interview tommorrow as well! wish me luck! :-D

And now the bad news - I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss out :-(

The Fourth Reich has decided to accelerate my departments work moving over there by 18 months so I've got to review the options of whether I take their "kind offer" to retire early or stay and see what happens - and if I decide to take the offer then the wife and I need to review the family finances to see what options we can use with regards to the pension payments. And I have to tell the HR dept by mid-day Monday what I plan to do.

I could be an OAP at 50!!!!!!!!!! :schocked:

Just a quick one because I'm knackered :roll: There were 10 of us in total & what a brilliant day & a real eye opener.. hats off to the guys for giving us the FULL tour...photos & a fuller report to follow...

I think richardrosser (The Ferret) is a secret drinker, all we saw him do all day was fall over, thanks for that, great entertainment, must admit we all took a tumble at least once but Richard was at it all day long :rofl: he's also very good friends with rapier rob now :-o :wink: :-) :-)

Rob I would of helped you out but there were to many cameras about :-)

Neil, you didn't miss anything & not meaning to be rude but you wouldn't of got in to a single place we visited...it was a wee bit tight to say the least..

I found a WW2 item in one of the underground magazines dated 1941, I will post of photo tomorrow..

Can't wait for the next one :-D

What a great day legs ache and I feel totally knacked. Thanks to Sir Paul and Tunnel rat for a great day - look forward to the next one. :-)

Here are some pics of Rapier Rob climbing a barbed wire fence and catching the crown jewels, lucky enough richard rosser was close by and with his warm and steady hands was able to get Rob off which bought a smile to Rob's face.

width=640 height=480http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i272/ian2b/100_4214.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i272/ian2b/100_4215.jpg[/img]

width=640 height=480http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i272/ian2b/100_4216.jpg[/img]

The sites visited (in order) were, Hamonds tunnels (oil mills) upper and lower, then onto a very windy Lydden spout battery, we checked out the plotting room and a couple of magazines, then to St.martins battery and deepshelter, then over to south foreland where we had a look at the y shaped magazine and plotting room and deep shelter 1 then a strole down to the Fortress plotting room and deep shelter 2 and then the final stop of the day was the Z-rocket battery deep shelter, located on the cliff top. :-)