www.Longforgotten.co.uk Underground Exploration open day.....

Just a quick one because I'm knackered :roll: There were 10 of us in total & what a brilliant day & a real eye opener.. hats off to the guys for giving us the FULL tour...photos & a fuller report to follow...

I think richardrosser (The Ferret) is a secret drinker, all we saw him do all day was fall over, thanks for that, great entertainment, must admit we all took a tumble at least once but Richard was at it all day long :rofl: he's also very good friends with rapier rob now :-o :wink: :-) :-)

Rob I would of helped you out but there were to many cameras about :-)

Neil, you didn't miss anything & not meaning to be rude but you wouldn't of got in to a single place we visited...it was a wee bit tight to say the least..

I found a WW2 item in one of the underground magazines dated 1941, I will post of photo tomorrow..

Can't wait for the next one :-D

Cheers Lee - no offence taken!! :-) :-)

Yet another reason to lose some of this damned weight!! It's coming off slowly - bit too slowly for my likeing but nonetheless it IS shifting :-)

Maybe if another one is done next year I might - just - fit!! :-) :-)

Glad you guys all had a good day though - despite the barbed wire!! :schocked:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another trip can be arranged for any weekend basically, as far as I'm concerned.

There is more of the WW2 stuff to see and then there is all the Napoleonic defences also in the same area.

With most of the Napoleonic sites, access is far easier, no sliding through little holes. Its more of a ramble in the undergrowth, but this time of year is great because most of the vegetation has died away making it a bit easier for all to get around.

I've a good list of places that I'm still to recce, so by the next visit i should have hopefully 3 or 4 sites to add to the list of 'places of interest'. :wink:

I enjoyed the day even after walking straight in the back of Steve whilst walking towards the 2nd deep shelter, he commented that his brake lights were not working at the time!! :roll:

Only just got in, after 5 hours of travel! and cancellations on the Great British rail service!! and reserve buses to cover the line closeures! Joy!

The list of people are..

Me:)

Tunnelrat

IanB

Chris aldous

Safariswing

Rob (nuts on the wire) Rapier

RussianMark(not on forum)

Richarddrosser

As well as forgotten his name:( and his son, nice to meet you all..

(names for above?)

Im glad you all had a nice day, as Tunnelrat says we can do another trip again soon, and hopefully not get you all as muddy!

I shall put more pictures us as soon as I get them loaded....:)

thank you all for the great company! and alot of laughts!

Hi Paul and TunnelRat

yes i will certainly be up for the next one too

Paul, did you have any luck in finding out what that place we went into opposite the small car park was...it was the one I got the most muddy trying to get out off, not sure we wall went in there.

I have asked my friend about the trunk full off war time plans i mentioned....he thinks they are in a big shed with loads of old railway stuff. When he gets a chance he will have a look...I have asked him about buying them....but if that is not possible at least borrowing the to photo copy....i will let you know how it turns out.

cheers

Chris

Sir Paul.

Just had a call from Mr Hardy Ferret saying that he too would like to come to the next one and that he has an NI visor for you and some leg shields and some other bits and pieces............if you can bring the next day out forward :-D

So the list for the next event is :

Jack

Jerry

Sir Paul.

Just had a call from Mr Hardy Ferret saying that he too would like to come to the next one and that he has an NI visor for you and some leg shields and some other bits and pieces............if you can bring the next day out forward :-D

So the list for the next event is :

Jack

Jerry

Jack

Jerry

Lee

Ian2b

Steve

Sam

Jack I would suggest very old clothes and take something to change into afterwards or get some overalls and if your worried about your hair maybe a hat. My car seats and floor are still trying to recover after all that mud.

Tunnelrat - we will be up for whatever you and paul want to do.