www.Longforgotten.co.uk Underground Exploration open day.....

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear o dear, Sir paul is showing off again!, they are a nice unit but i spent a fraction of the cost on one of these off good ole ebay : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Super-bright-12-Led-Head-Light-Handlamp-Torch-16037_W0QQitemZ150057016849QQihZ005QQcategoryZ16037QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150057016849

For under £6 you cant go wrong !! :-)

5?? is that all you have? currently running 16, but as you are aware i dont really wear me helmet that often or for that matter actually use a light (apart from the exposure pics) sparingly anyway!! hahah

Edit that: I use your beam, haha

:blush: were just messing around, ignore, sorry for hijacking the thread.

Sure thing, come along... we will prob close bookings at 15ish... and im sure we will have drop outs and add ons last minute..

hey TR we better be good at this! hhe better start revising history of the areas!!!

Come on jack! where are you? bovvy to brighton is about 2hours, and an hour and halt to dover....

the HMVF forum troups on parade for Field marshall Jack, "officer on parade, by the right disssssmissss"

Right O here we go:)

richardrosser

Snapper+1

ArtistsRifles

rambo1969+4

rapier rob

safariswing

ian2b+2

Chris Aldous

steve ryan

thats the list so far, we cant really take anymore, as large groups! always counting heads! someone is always being picked on! dont want bullying! or any name calling! or pulling hair! Tunnelrat will be doing the register at the start and end of sites we visit.

well, so you all know the location to meet, we may need to regroup when we all meet, as with 10 cars in convoy may be issues at sites parking etc.

Remember to bring the following....

Torch! and a back up!! as without it, alot of the sites will not be as enjoyable

Boots and warm clothes, and some gloves. *test your torch!*

We are still not 100% of the route we shall take, as we need to be haisty as it gets dark at 1630.

But meeting at the moment is 10am, at the petrol and petrol derivatives fueling station:)

any problems i shall post my mobile on here next week, and i shall get a 100% time shedule and smooth over any problems....

hopefully we can keep you all entertained!

and bring your camera!

Tunnelrat will be doing signed photos at £4.99, as well as his signature series Petzl Headlamps at £24.99 , and Eraser and pencil sets are £3.99...

all are available at the stall at the end of the trip.

hehe Speak soon

Ok, a quick overview of the trip.....

Meeting at 1030/11am.... (site may be changed for ease of finding)

Head to location

1: underground magazine : access, well a wee squeeze but fairly simple, also some original mess buildings and Observation posts.

2:battery plotting room : access, Down a shaft on a steel ladder (14ft) and your in.

Move locations off to the next area 20mins away

3. Gun batteries and surrounding pillboxes. access: very simple on foot.

4. Deep shelter. access: not an easy one, but while we near for those who are nimble and small! while we are close we may as well have a look, others continue around the site, you wont be left out i promise.

off to next location

5. Gun emplacements and magazines . access: on foot, few brambles

6. Fortress plotting room . access: small squeeze and down a ladder again. simple, unless you hate ladders

7. underground magazines . access: on foot. and observation posts

8. Deep shelter. Access: small drop (2/3ft) and down some stairs. (very enlightening place)

9. Battery plotting room :access, ladder again

10. if the light permits. new site and Deep shelter 2. access:squeeze and slide in... easy

All the places are easy enought for the able bodied, Anything you dont like the look of do not do, as there will be lots more!

I do stress! a torch! and a poss change of clothes as the rain recently may result in getting dirty!

And safety is your personal issue, but alas i would not put anyone in a place i did not think was a good idea!

If anyone is worried about anything please ask! now if your time...

If the drop in the Deep shelter entrance is worrying you, bring a small set of steps:)

but im sure if you all can clamber in and out of tanks and green machines you will take in your stride!

And i hope we entertain you for the day!

So.... Questions ? or worries? lets have them:)

looking forward to seeing you all