War & Peace Show 2011

Graham

neil are you taking OT this year and can i book a ride , :red:

Thats the plan! The cash I earnt from that film job last year is paying for this years attendance. After this year - well, unless something happens workwise I fear I am going to have to part with both the OT and the Stolly... :cry: :cry:

Catch me whilst I am there and we'll sort out a ride for you - probably best if you can wander down to the arena after the last armoured display one day - the arena lads are used to getting such requests now !! :D

I'd be surprised if someone hasn't already thought of going in as day visitor with tent in a bag and just finding a spot to pitch it in and bluff it out for the week.

An "innovative" idea - but aren't the day visitor wristbands a different colour to the long-stay ones!! :D:D

An "innovative" idea - but aren't the day visitor wristbands a different colour to the long-stay ones!! :D:D

Coloured paper.... think about it how many staff do you see checking bands inside the show I haven't seen them. The shows to big I'll put money on it that its been done all you need is a two man tent pitch it up next to a mates tent you're sorted free camping free show.

Coloured paper.... think about it how many staff do you see checking bands inside the show I haven't seen them. The shows to big I'll put money on it that its been done all you need is a two man tent pitch it up next to a mates tent you're sorted free camping free show.

Last year, I went back to my car to take my latest deac, when I tried to go back on the site via the big exit gate, and the jobsworth guard there wouldnt let me (and a few others) back on, we had wrist bands, but he insisted that we went back through the entrance building!

Mark

Last year, I went back to my car to take my latest deac, when I tried to go back on the site via the big exit gate, and the jobsworth guard there wouldnt let me (and a few others) back on, we had wrist bands, but he insisted that we went back through the entrance building!

Mark

Had that on a fuel (human) run out last year - came back in via the main entry gate in a Landie and the guard there insisted quite forcibly that we had to go and report to the signing in booths. The ladies there were distinctly unimpressed with him!! Again - wrist bands were clearly worn..

Wish they were as forcible with the uninvited light fingered attendees

Had that on a fuel (human) run out last year - came back in via the main entry gate in a Landie and the guard there insisted quite forcibly that we had to go and report to the signing in booths. The ladies there were distinctly unimpressed with him!! Again - wrist bands were clearly worn..

Wish they were as forcible with the uninvited light fingered attendees

The tent removers!

I have to say over the years I have been going I have had no problems with showing my wrist band and regaining entry to the show the only time I was asked to show it was when I went to have a top up in the beer tent.

Al

Edited by Big Al
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Neil,

I think you have to accept that the cost will be whatever it will be at the time.

Chris

I know Chris - what ever Rex can come up with will be better than what any other firm would charge... :-D

Problem for me is we have just had a new bank manager appointed who is out to make a name/bonus brownie points for herself by getting the overdrafts cleared from the branch plus the local water board have just laid a new main in to supply a recently built estate; they are now saying there is leakage in our area and want to charge all the house owners £450 each to fix it.

No work for 4 years means money is stretched tighter than anyone would like and I am trying to budget for everything...:-( :-(

Might have to leave the Stolly at home this year... :(

they are now saying there is leakage in our area and want to charge all the house owners £450 each to fix it.

:(

The local water authority can not turn you're water off and if they have cocked up the installation of a water main what do you pay water bills for but for them or there agents to repair the damage.

I presume its Severn Trent you're talking about try contacting the water regulator it was Ofwat not sure if its still called that.

The local water authority can not turn you're water off and if they have cocked up the installation of a water main what do you pay water bills for but for them or there agents to repair the damage.

I presume its Severn Trent you're talking about try contacting the water regulator it was Ofwat not sure if its still called that.

It's Essex and Suffolk water board for us Andy - I live in Dagenham, Essex!! :D

I'll what the "leakage technician" says as to where the leakage is - All they can say right now is it is on one or more of the even numbered houses for #2 to #32 in our road - we are #30... Sods law!:D

As the great Terry Pratchett wrote - no sense in going spare generally - first assemble all the facts and then go spare with precision!! :-D :-D

It's Essex and Suffolk water board for us Andy - I live in Dagenham, Essex!! :D

I'll what the "leakage technician" says as to where the leakage is - All they can say right now is it is on one or more of the even numbered houses for #2 to #32 in our road - we are #30... Sods law!:D

As the great Terry Pratchett wrote - no sense in going spare generally - first assemble all the facts and then go spare with precision!! :-D :-D

They can only charge you for works carried out on your property. If it's outside in the road then they have to pay the bill.

They can only charge you for works carried out on your property. If it's outside in the road then they have to pay the bill.

He is basically right.

They are responsible for the main supply upto and including you stop cock/watermeter, at their expense, which is normally at the rear of the public highway. Beyond this you are on your own, they can repair at your cost, with your permission. You can also DIY if you really wanted.

Mike