reme conqueror

landyandy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha no confidence in us lol :nut: its rawl plugged to the floor with effing great bolts

Don't pull too much you don't want to be concreting a new patch in the floor :D

Do you know how much big cable there is on the drum ? and what is the little drum next to it for ?

• 4 weeks later...
Don't pull too much you don't want to be concreting a new patch in the floor :D

Do you know how much big cable there is on the drum ? and what is the little drum next to it for ?

500 ft of main cable and its the aux winch next to it for pulling the main cable out

the new ecu boxes are finished awaiting fitment as are the manifolds . ran the winch engine up yesterday to make sure all the relevant controls work as they should on the winch all ok after a frustrating few hours filling up the lube points with ocp 600 worm drive oil , who ever designed the filler holes want his b&%£s kicked very hard lol had to get the oil red hot to pour it in .

also started to take the main cable off the drum to swap ends but ran out of time and also the logistics of 500 ft of cable on the floor is going to take some thinking out next week

037.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

039.jpg

• 7 months later...

update

she is now finished winch refitted,new load sensor and cutout fitted,spade and fairleads all working mk2 fuel injection and electronic ignition fitted all thats left to do is load test the winch to get it certified i will post some pics up when i have more time

reminds me of when I was a lad helping my Dad..... :)

amongst other things he serviced all the yard cranes for a local company.....we would often have to change hoist ropes because of general wear and tear and damage and I can still hear him now ...

"no kinks!! make sure you lay it flat!!! and keep the bl**dy tension on when I start to wind her in my boy !" :)