reme conqueror

landyandy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Andy has posted more video here:-

Santa must have brought him either a new camera or a whallop load of patience as the footage runs 8 minutes long!

Are you the gent in the green running the crane Andy? The other bloke is Lord Atlee????

R

Edited by robin craig

Andy has posted more video here:-

Santa must have brought him either a new camera or a whallop load of patience as the footage runs 8 minutes long!

Are you the gent in the green running the crane Andy? The other bloke is Lord Atlee????

R

yes it is i and the other is lord attlee

That Conqueror is a beast.

I saw it when I visited the reserve collection.

You have to see it in the flesh to appreciate it's size and marvel at how delicately the thing turns on a sixpence.

A credit to John, Andy and others who have restored it.

Markheliops

• 1 month later...
What a beastly machine, one day I hope to get down to Slab and have a look at it and your other kit in action

You're not the only one who would like to visit

we will be out on sunday 11th march at slab common,borden with the conq and may be we will have the antar out for a drive

Pity you're so far away I would like to visit at some point, all that hot air coming out of a green machine wonder how much the congestion charge would be. Its very green but not very friendly to green people if you know what I mean. :nut: I'm going for a kip I've been exposed to too much air today

• 3 weeks later...
It sounds much much better than the last time I heard it, well done with the sorting out of the new fuel injection system..

its still got a few gremlins appearing as we use it but all minor and easily fixed but all is good with it

Hi all.

That was me on the rear decks dressed in black.

Thanks to Andy and John for another good day.

The conq developed an issue earlier in the day but was sorted by John and Andy - pesky electrics!

Certainly a very impressive machine and to see it moving around is impressive considering its age and size.

Well done gents.

Markheliops

sorry to say but that was the last time you will probably see the conq out running,i,m not going into the reasons why,it may be known by some but john and i will not be working at the collection in the near future

Sorry to hear that Andy - I don't know why and I won't ask.

Pass on my regards to John for me.

Oh dear, really?

That is such a sad state of affairs to hear about. I am well sure there is a lot more that you want to say but cant say and likely best you do not right now

I do so very much hope that things get sorted out but I fear from your posts that things are grave to beyond redemption at this point.

So very sad

R

That's very bad news, I am sorry to here that, you and John must be gutted that after all those years sorting out the Conq and now you have it sorted you wont be playing with it anymore..

Very sorry to here it a great loss.

• 3 months later...