reme conqueror

landyandy

Nor THAT'S more like it :laugh::laugh:....give it some...it's only happy while it's howling.:D:D Many thanks for that...dead good.

If any of those dead Cent ARVs out there carry the number 03ZR59, then it's mine...& I want it back please.

Best regs.....H

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit of an update for the conq.john has designed and is now building our own version of megasquirt,ie,having individual injectors controled by there own set of electrical components so hopefully we will be sucessful this time by doing away with the megasquirt overheating,will keep updated on proggress

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well she,s up and running again with john,s new brain box fitted in and it actualy did some recovery work as well pulling the m74 from its resting place at back of the building will post a link for video when its uploaded on utube

004.jpg

005.jpg

011.jpg

Edited by landyandy

I really enjoyed that video - it seems a great deal more manoeuvrable than a Chieftain ARV.

I wasn't aware of the REME Museum until this thread - it seems like an amazing collection.

going by numbers of vehicles i would say we are the second biggest collection after bovingdon and yes its a great deal more manoverable than cheiftain and even the cent arv,my favorite tracked vehicle to drive,if all go,s to plan we will be out and about next year with it and the m74 at selected shows

going by numbers of vehicles i would say we are the second biggest collection after bovingdon and yes its a great deal more manoverable than cheiftain and even the cent arv,my favorite tracked vehicle to drive,if all go,s to plan we will be out and about next year with it and the m74 at selected shows

have a look at the website

http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/

I enjoyed your photos of the conqueror it brought back a lot of memories. did you see the conqueror in my photos. it was one of the 1st batch to come into Germany in late 1954 or early 1955 I think. there was 4 or 5, I cannot remember

exactly it was a long time ago. we transported it from hamburg to witten-annen nr Dortmund

• 4 weeks later...
Was that a Ferret on a trailer in the parking lot in the back ground at 0:56 ?

its a fixed load on drops body,all hatches are missing but engine and gearbox still there so would make a nice resto project but it probably will be scrapped

Ahah, another sale at Withams perhaps "Rare last one ever" as the advertsing blurb or will it go down the road to the local scrap merchant with a standing offer for waste metals?

Be interesting to keep tabs on it, as it would generate parts for someone.

R

i,ve put my name down for it but its up to the powers that be to decide !!!

• 1 month later...