fuel costs

berni

every one makes a big hoo haa when the price goes up but i would just like to say that it is lower now 88.9 than it has been in ages. I can't remember the last time it was below 90p a litre so :-D :-D

pity it wasn't this low for beltring but better late than never

ta

Berni

Yes good price at the moment..but is it. This is how governments like us to think.

It has always been high it is just a case of not being so high but subconsciously we think it is cheap.

Here's a question, does anyone remember the cost of fuel this time last year?

every one makes a big hoo haa when the price goes up but i would just like to say that it is lower now 88.9 than it has been in ages. I can't remember the last time it was below 90p a litre so :-D :-D

pity it wasn't this low for beltring but better late than never

ta

Berni

Not for Diesel http://www.whatprice.co.uk/car/diesel-prices.php :-( :-(

oh dear lee,,,, sorry,,,,,

i haven't got anything that runs on diesel so don't take much notice of that one.

our fuel prices have been in the high 90's for such a long time i can't remember what it was 12 months ago, was it about what it is now?

ta

Berni

I know that fuel prices are much lower on this side of the pond but we reached an all time high of just over $4 US but they are now back down to $2.69 when I saw them today. They were $2.73 last night when I filled up :x but I'm just glad they are lower than they were and are still dropping (knock on wood).

--Nick

Hows about filling a tanker or two and sending it over here to your fellow MV fanatics then?? :-)

If I got the maths right:

US Fuel Prices: $2.69 per US gall = $3.35 or £1.72 per UK Gall.

UK Fuel Prices: £0.899/Litre = £4.06 per UK gall = $7.70 per UK gall = $6.40 per US gall.

(At todays exchange rates of 1 GBP = 1.89571 USD )

We could enjoy driving our vehicles almost two and a half times as much on US fuel prices!! :lol: :schocked: :lol:

I don't know, I think customs would seize the tankers and start making excuses for them not let them go thru so they could keep the fuel :roll:.

What kind of fuel mileage do your modern cars get (I should specify, what do the cars get and what do the pickup trucks get)? I've heard the European cars get a lot better fuel mileage.

--Nick

Nick, when I was in the States this, I was winding a taxi driver by saying that fuel is so expensive because it was his V8 that was drinking all of the worlds resources. I told him the fuel was about $7-8 per gallon and he shouted " are you nuts, we are just about to have a riot over here because fuel is over $2/gallon - there is something wrong with your country" - nuff said :schocked:

Nick, when I was in the States this, I was winding a taxi driver by saying that fuel is so expensive because it was his V8 that was drinking all of the worlds resources. I told him the fuel was about $7-8 per gallon and he shouted " are you nuts, we are just about to have a riot over here because fuel is over $2/gallon - there is something wrong with your country" - nuff said :schocked:

I always say we like to weep and moan but take it in the be**nd.

Lets see what happened if we motorists blocked all traffic on the motorways.

Probably our PM would say we were bad boys like a little sissy.

But seriously, why complain if we don't do anything as a group.

United were strong devided were weak.

If we started blocking roads with our beloved MV's T.B. Liar and his bum-chums would have our hobby banned and our vehicles scrapped or sold oversea before we could blink twice.

And they'd probably try to throw us in the clink like that guy they tried to get for "racist revving of his engine" the other day!!! :shake: :shake: :shake:

If we started blocking roads with our beloved MV's T.B. Liar and his bum-chums would have our hobby banned and our vehicles scrapped or sold oversea before we could blink twice.

And they'd probably try to throw us in the clink like that guy they tried to get for "racist revving of his engine" the other day!!! :shake: :shake: :shake:

What's that about the revving?

Haven't heard that, explain...

But seriously, why complain if we don't do anything as a group.

United were strong devided were weak.

Yeah but the fuel protests in the past have done that and look what happened there, some concessions for lorry drivers and nothing else and then it petered out and seems to be forgotten about, then there is this fuel group that I have joined and a lot more but that seems to be comimg to nothing.

I agree that united we are strong, but nowadays it is "look after No:1" which is fair do's