and the pictures of the old girl... (Saracen)

paulob1

...the 'curious' plate welded onto the engine cover serves two purposes....... one being obvious -ie. extra armour for what lies beneath, (carburettor, etc)... plus you will notice that the hinge pin is different on one of the covers...... so that in the evet of having to jack-up vehicle on soft ground, pull out the pin, place cover on ground, place jack on cover, - -hey presto, a jack that won't sink..... clever eh?:cool2:

lookin'good, by the way, Paul.... those aren't my tyres are they!!!?>:(......

We should be up to collect my wheels/tyres on Saturday 26th June, -tomorrow, if you are still up! .... will ring when I know what time exactly.... but it'll be pm:cool2:

...the 'curious' plate welded onto the engine cover serves two purposes....... one being obvious -ie. extra armour for what lies beneath, (carburettor, etc)... plus you will notice that the hinge pin is different on one of the covers...... so that in the evet of having to jack-up vehicle on soft ground, pull out the pin, place cover on ground, place jack on cover, - -hey presto, a jack that won't sink..... clever eh?:cool2:

Ferret was the same, one engine hatch removable for a jack base, guess that is where Alvis got the idea from.