OVERLORD 2010, Hampshire

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Barry-Many many many thanks for standing in the dust cloud and directing traffic for us! Hope you got it all washed out of your hair ok! And a huge thanks for letting me walk round holding baby Baz! He is sooooooooo sweet, hope no-one got the wrong idea about the 2 of us :shocked::-D

Maverick-Nice to meet you, I think I might have been a tad worse for wear the first time so apologise:nut:!!!!!!! After that I was probably running round like a blue ars bummed fly!!!

Andy F- thanks for the piccys, dont know if the cubed one actually took any photos tbh!

Good pics Andy, thanks for posting. With not being able to get to any shows the pics everybody posts makes a big difference to me and seeing the Overlord ones bring back very happy memories of the 2004 show.

Good pics Andy, thanks for posting. With not being able to get to any shows the pics everybody posts makes a big difference to me and seeing the Overlord ones bring back very happy memories of the 2004 show.

Thanks Degsy ! I aim to please ! :D

Just want to say a very big thank you to the organisers for making Overlord 2010 the best show I have attended in a long time. Your hard work and effort went a very long way. I haven't been for over three years now and it felt like I hadn't been away, a very friendly welcome by all the organisers. Special thanks to Gary (sorry don't know is surname, always on a bike or in navy whites in the arena) and Mark Harvey for there help with loading of the gun etc.

Good to meet Rosie and the Cubed one. Great looking 105mm howitzer there Richard, I can see you have put a lot of work into it.

I couldn't believe the amount of interest I had from veterans and other exhibitors about the Gun and truck, it was non stop all day.

Spoke to a lot of the stall holders and they said they were very happy with the show. The amount of public on Sunday and Monday was outstanding,

The arena events and battle re-enactment were fantastic, a really mix and something for the whole family.At this rate I think your going to need a bigger field for next year.

Cant wait for 2011.

Thanks again

Hi Maverick,

glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for your hospitality on Saturday evening. We had a great time Sat night, apparently I had a great time Sunday evening as well, Mrs G506 tells me I was dancing like a funky chicken in the beer tent. Maybe the cider was a little stronger than I thought.............

View of just part of the show:

Once I've worked out how to do it I have around fifteen images taken from here to stitch together. Any ideas on freeware that will help me to do it?

Found it - and it's by MickeySoft! Works very well (see bottom of page) Microsoft Image Composite Editor - MICE

CW2X6441.jpg

Edited by ax40

Jeezzz thats sooooo high up! I did give you a wave when you were taking photos!!!!!! It does gives a great view of the showground though. Cant believe we managed to pack them all in!!!!!!!!! Well done for climbing up there!!!!! Things you do for the club eh??

1st edit--

You can see the Jimmy and gun queing to go round the arena!!!! If you start at the bottom of the ladder and draw a line to about 2o'clock we are last in the line!!!!!!

2nd edit--

Just looked at the picture again, cant believe how high up you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by rosie
how high???????? And I can see us!!!!!!!!

Rather be up there at the top than only half way up. Three seconds of abject terror then no more pain against a lifetime of agony if you get it wrong. As safety officer I had to check the construction and security of the rig before allowing it to be used. The things I do for the club!

xxx

PS have you told Richard that I'm seeing you tomorrow night or is it still our secret?

Rather be up there at the top than only half way up. Three seconds of abject terror then no more pain against a lifetime of agony if you get it wrong. As safety officer I had to check the construction and security of the rig before allowing it to be used. The things I do for the club!

xxx

PS have you told Richard that I'm seeing you tomorrow night or is it still our secret?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its still our secret!!!! :shocked:

I've got vertigo now!

More snaps, the rest will appear on our website very soon - though I have a thousand or so to work through!

1 - the Hiller leaving the arena

2 - Dave Perks' Foden 8x6

3 - Rebecca and WO2 Hamilcar (on secondment to the SOE committee from the Sgt. Slingsby team)

4 - Royal artillery team reaching a "virtual" John O' Groats after riding exercise bikes from Lands End

5 - Darren Parsons giving his Haflinger a wee workout

GJ6Q0962.jpg

CW2X6365.jpg

GJ6Q1393.jpg

GJ6Q1137.jpg

GJ6Q0900.jpg

Pix are being generated for use on our own site and mailed to Nicky our new custodian of the sacred bits and bytes.

I couldnt resist posting this one though.

Made it Ma, top of the world!

I would like to thank all those who came, whether with vehicles or as spectators, the traders, the re-enactors especially the 514th and the SBG, the 101st and the 29th for their support and excellent battle displays all weekend, the public and not least the good people of Horndean who cheerfully tolerated the noise and inconvenience we caused.

See you all next year

rotating.jpg

Edited by ax40
grubby little fingers hitting the wrong keys

This 4 day show gets better and better each year, the weather was near perfect with rain only coming down all day Saturday, however this did not stop the public coming through the gates. I don’t know how many vehicles attended this year but there were a few I have never seen before including some first world war ones. I did count at least 6 WW2 era Halftracks running around. As pictured earlier we had a Vietnam era helo fly in on the Friday for a visit which was great to see. As usual the battle re-enactments where very good with lots of loud bags and explosions with the Germans winning in the mornings and the Allied forces in the afternoons along with UXB demonstrations throughout the day. Bargains were to be had at the many trade stands which included non military items was well. All in all a great day out for the family with military and non military things to see and do.

P1000686.jpg

P1000687.jpg

P1000688.jpg

P1000691.jpg

P1000797.jpg

P1000799.jpg

P1000798.jpg

P1000726.jpg

P1000724.jpg

P1000723.jpg

P1000719.jpg

P1000690.jpg