OVERLORD 2010, Hampshire

I would sure like to but alas it's not possible, the driver has decided it's Trucks and Troops and as I said before sadly other commitments for Bank Holiday Monday, and I imagine many folks will have packed up and be leaving early on the Monday?

Hope you all have a good show. Take lots of piccies.....

Perhaps it's time the Overlord gang and the MVT sorted the dates out :-| maybe a show in July or August would be better for the South. It would also save a train fare to Kent to satisfy my MV needs.....:D

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I Have given up with T&T, I have been there for the last 3 years and it just hasnt got better, stalls are junk, its expensive for the public to get it, charge to get in to evening entertainment and now charging to camp in the back field. No chance I'm off and going back to Overlord. Its the MVT who tried to be cleaver so its them who need to change the dates.

I Have given up with T&T, I have been there for the last 3 years and it just hasnt got better, stalls are junk, its expensive for the public to get it, charge to get in to evening entertainment and now charging to camp in the back field. No chance I'm off and going back to Overlord. Its the MVT who tried to be cleaver so its them who need to change the dates.

I've done Trucks and Troops the last few years and decided to give it one more chance this year. If it's anything like last year then it will be Overlord next year!!

I've done Trucks and Troops the last few years and decided to give it one more chance this year. If it's anything like last year then it will be Overlord next year!!

I know of another 5 vehicle owners that are taking their MVs to Overlord and not T&T this year

just got back from the show ground, looking quite busy already, looking forward to sitting down with a beer:cool2::D

P.S. the Auverland next to our tent is not mine!! (bleedin embarrassment!)

just got back from the show ground, looking quite busy already, looking forward to sitting down with a beer:cool2::D

P.S. the Auverland next to our tent is not mine!! (bleedin embarrassment!)

Where abouts are you in the big scheme of things ?

Will you save me a beer when I get there Fri afternoon :nut:

Where abouts are you in the big scheme of things ?

Will you save me a beer when I get there Fri afternoon :nut:

No beer for you until you have put up my mobile mansion young man!:cool2:

We are next to the green tent near the green vehicle!

through the vehicle entrance straight on to the end cant miss us, we have some special import beers for you!!!!

We are next to the green tent near the green vehicle!

through the vehicle entrance straight on to the end cant miss us, we have some special import beers for you!!!!

oh you must be near us then! We are next to a green tent with a green vehicle as well! Have you got another one of those special bottles of wine again this year???

Went, saw and supped tea, (cheers Rich and Rosie,.....:-) hows yer wet smalls eh........Rosie :cool2:)

Show was as good as ever,.....a little bit soggy though.........still, good to meet fellow

forum-ites, Kevin and Clive, as well as the above mentioned Cubes.

Looks like I'm joining in the fun, next year, Rosie............even after telling them my bottoms ALMOST as bad as yours............:whistle:

All the best,

Andy

We have just got back!!!!!!!

Thanks to all those who came as either exhibitors or public. It was another bumper year :-)

Nice to see you again Andy, also nice to meet your parents! Sorry if I had to keep dashing off, even in the rain the cars were queing to get in!!

Did you like our warm dry tent???? As my undies, well they have dried out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Another fantastic show, we thoroughly enjoyed it (Mrs G506 was having such a good time she even decided we would stay an extra evening!), thanks to everyone for a great weekend

Thanks to all for a great show. Now got 750 shots to go through from today so it will be a little while before I can get them up on my site. Special thanks to Richard Rixon and Colin Dickler for posing their Jimmys so dramatically on th edge of the dip at the end of the day. It made for some dramatic shots. Just one very quick edit here with more and better to come!

_DSC2282.jpg

This show is so laid back a lot of other organisers can learn a thing or two from the Overlord guys.

Thanks Simon, a lot of work does go into the show but we do pride ourselves on a relaxed atmosphere. It has been a great weekend and I watched the cubed one 'playing' in the arena this afternoon and he did look great! The air cadets with him had been on the paying in tent all weekend so thought they deserved a treat, they loved it!!!!!

Thanks to all for a great show. Now got 750 shots to go through from today so it will be a little while before I can get them up on my site. Special thanks to Richard Rixon and Colin Dickler for posing their Jimmys so dramatically on the edge of the dip at the end of the day. It made for some dramatic shots. Just one very quick edit here with more and better to come!

_DSC2282.jpg

This show is so laid back a lot of other organisers can learn a thing or two from the Overlord guys.

Glad you liked the pose, quite popular with the other photographers too so funny to see them all rushing into the arena to get "THE SHOT", anything to please the crowds.

Pleased to hear you had a good show, would love to have been there but not possible for me these days.

Came in 2004 prior to Normandy trip and had a great time, one of the best shows I've attended and from the comments it's obvious things haven't changed.....well done!:clap::thumbsup:

Pleased to hear you had a good show, would love to have been there but not possible for me these days.

Came in 2004 prior to Normandy trip and had a great time, one of the best shows I've attended and from the comments it's obvious things haven't changed.....well done!:clap::thumbsup:

:kiss::kiss::kiss: Thanks Degsy. There are still campers there today, they are catching a ferry over to France later on. Edited by rosie

Many thanks to the organisers. It's so easy to forget to say so at the time.

The return journey was memorable. The reversing camera on the Pig took it upon itself to go into direct image rather than mirror image. This gave the impression that the car overtaking me on my right was doing so on the left. Not so good when I started reversing the Pig having overshot my turning!

What a fantastic weekend, great selection of vehicles there as always. should have some snaps taken from the 100ft ladder:nut::nut: (not mine, i only got to 80ft!).

massive thanks to all those that put in the huge effort to make it happen, looking forward to next year already.

Just want to say a very big thank you to the organisers for making Overlord 2010 the best show I have attended in a long time. Your hard work and effort went a very long way. I haven't been for over three years now and it felt like I hadn't been away, a very friendly welcome by all the organisers. Special thanks to Gary (sorry don't know is surname, always on a bike or in navy whites in the arena) and Mark Harvey for there help with loading of the gun etc.

Good to meet Rosie and the Cubed one. Great looking 105mm howitzer there Richard, I can see you have put a lot of work into it.

I couldn't believe the amount of interest I had from veterans and other exhibitors about the Gun and truck, it was non stop all day.

Spoke to a lot of the stall holders and they said they were very happy with the show. The amount of public on Sunday and Monday was outstanding,

The arena events and battle re-enactment were fantastic, a really mix and something for the whole family.At this rate I think your going to need a bigger field for next year.

Cant wait for 2011.

Thanks again