Bedford OY

plastic constructor

Hello Nick,

Each time i see your post's i rack my brains where an oy is up north, there use to be a few about but they seem to have vanished. There is an OXD up in yorkshire, sparky on here knows the owner or will be able to point you in the right direction, drop him a pm.

Failing that i would have thought you'd get a couple of OY's at beltring.

Cheers Rippo. I do know of one way down south but it's a bit of a trek, so hopefully one will magically appear at Beltring. I really want to get stuck into the conversion of the Emhar 1/24 bedford, but unless I'm 100% sure of the information, I won't produce the kit, it's just me, I'ts either right or wrong, and if it's slightly wrong, someone will eventually say "it was never like that"

Nick.

I know of one stored at the REME Museum at Arborfield a few miles from me, and I do know the owner. If you are ever visiting the Reading area I would be glad to take you there and help.

Robert Davey

PS. If you ever make a WOT2 or WOA2, please contact me. I did help Roy Models with their Ford WOT2 kit project a few years ago.

Robert many thanks. The reason I'm attempting a conversion of the Emhar Bedford is that it's reasonably easy and it's in a scale I enjoy 1/24. Once the front is sorted I intend to have a go at the Scammell coupling and trailer and hopefully make that available as a kit. The WOT series would be an excellent subject especially after I saw the fire tender at Manston. However, if I'm heading down towards the Reading area, I shall take you up on your kend offer.

Nick.

I Think it possible that the OXD might be at W&W Elvington this year as the owner lives that way, there was also another O model there last year going by this pic

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2298815540086232637BbuuOp

maybe that might be in attendance again?

Yes I remember that from last year and I didn't take any measurements, mind you, I didn't know I'd be doing this conversion. So, a trip to Elvington once again this year, and take the tape meaure.

Nick.