Forum upgrade

Joris

Hello Gents sorry to be negative but I dont like the new setup its just far to bright can we have the old one back,Please.

Howard

I'm doing my best but we can't simply copy the old setup over the new one so basically I have had to start from scratch. Please bear with us while we change it to the way we like but my time is very limited at the moment and I'm doing the best I can.

The forum is active, you can post and read messages, it only looks a bit different. Remember that.

Whilst things are still in the melting pot, is it possible to re-instate a facility that was on the forum that predates the one that has just gone?

You used to get notification of a post if you were in the middle of writing a reply. Rather than waste up to 30 min to find someone has answered it or be accused of copying if someone answers before you. This can occur if you are slower in answering or giving a longer more comprehensive answer.

30 mins might seem like a long time but if you are dyslexic or just trying to furnish the reply with reasonable English or have some facts to look up it can take that time. But knowing that what you write may be not posted because someone might respond first, encourages a rapid post that may not be well constructed in factual content or grammar.

PS That was a good example as when I started to write this, the post from Joris wasn't there. Don't panic Joris you're doing fine. If its any consulation the Land Rover Series 2 Club have had to suddenly move servers & re-install everything & the Land Rover UK forum has lost its skin & looks much the same as the HMVF set up at present.

Edited by fv1609

Whilst things are still in the melting pot, is it possible to re-instate a facility that was on the forum that predates the one that has just gone?

You used to get notification of a post if you were in the middle of writing a reply. Rather than waste up to 30 min to find someone has answered it or be accused of copying if someone answers before you. This can occur if you are slower in answering or giving a longer more comprehensive answer.

That was with the orignal Forum software (completely differnt to the software we are now using), when we upgraded to VB this was lost, I will check if they have put this facilty in the new upgrade