a bit of help please

mogs

hi to every one ,im new to the forum and feel a bit cheeky asking for help being my first post and all .

anyway to the point ,,my stepdad has a scammell pioneer that he wants to sell

IMAG0037 (Medium).jpg

IMAG0038 (Medium).jpg

but since his crash a few years ago ,leaving him with a nasty head injury and losing most of his early memories he can not remember where he brought it from or how long ago ,,we know he has had the mv over 16 years and that its a scammell pioneer 8 liter and thats about it . my mum and stepdad used to drive it to the malpas showground for the odd weekend show but since the crash it only gets started twice a year by me ,,,once to drive it into the shed over the winter and once to drive it out for the summer . so if any one recognises it ,,which is a very long shot,,or has any information about it i would be very grateful

cheers

mark j

p.s if you think that this is an inappropriate first post then please delete

If you're trying to trace previous history, first port of call should be DVLA. According to the site, it was manufactured 1944 and first registered in 1982 which takes you back 27 years at least.

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for 9208 EH are:

Date of Liability 01 08 2009

Date of First Registration 01 10 1982

Year of Manufacture 1944

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 8369CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Heavy Oil

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour YELLOW

It may well be that prior to this it had been off road and only had a paper log book. The registration number is not an 'age related' so unless a 'cherished' number was purchased for it, DVLA may have a microfilm copy of the original paper log book.

The registered keeper is allowed to ask for copies of all info held at DVLA and I have done this succesfully in the past with a few to contacting the previous keepers.

Hello mate,

I'm very sorry to hear about your step dad, i think i remember him from the shows with freddie, does he have two daughters? it is many years ago now, i think my sister used to play with them when we met up. If i'm thinking of the right chap he used to do quite a few shows with it. I'm sorry i can't help you with the vehicle but i'm sure someone from that area might be able to help. I'll have a chat with my sister and see what she remembers.

*Edit*

My memories are correct. I remember your stepdad myself, a very well spoken tall chap, he always seems to be wearing shorts. It might be worth comtacting the shropshire mvt they will remember him and maybe shed some light of the vehicles history. My sisters going to ask mt dad see if he remembers anything.

Edited by rippo

thanks everyone for the replies and photos ,,i cant believe that so many of you remembered that you had the photos from all that time ago, my mum and peter are coming over to my house at the weekend and i know they will be chuffed when they see the response .thank you !

mark