Canvass cleaning

rippo

Hello,

Took the canvass's off the mw today. I guess i've left it a little bit to late, to hide them in the house, and the damp has got on them. There are a couple of patches of mildew starting to show. What the best way to kill it off without bleaching the canvass? and what it the best way to stop it returning.

Thanks.

Tony,

Are you on commission ? :???

I wish, as for just outdoor clothing, No they also do a wash and reproof for Equestrian use on New Zealand rugs, translate = A Tilt for horses.

Having trusted my life to leather and such for most of it (about 47 years and counting ) I seen a lot of various 'Patent' cleaners etc come and go. The old originals, Glycerine Saddle soap, for cleaning and and as a dryish coat. Has the benfit of being the same stuff as used in beauty soap so kind to hands, and as an explosive base. Neatsfoot oil (Cows fot), suples and preserves leather, will change the colour of leather, darken it.

Ko- Cho Line a red greasey stuff, ideal if you are laying up leather or any length of time. Also has lubricating properties in its own right.

of the metal pices for a long time. The new stuff, I only use the Nikwak range. Cleans , supeles, waterproofs , does not turn leather slimy or soften it to much, or change the colour. Water based so safe to use.