Military Fire Appliances Gallery

AndyFowler

sg3.jpg

Picture Courtesy Steve Guest. Photo sub title "A bomb Station" but I don't know what that means, but obvoiusly a large Hanger fire....

I bet they had fun cleaning all the Foam off and out of that machine :shake::-D

Edited by Smithy

sg3.jpg

Picture Courtesy Steve Guest. Photo sub title "A bomb Station" but I don't know what that means, but obvoiusly a large Hanger fire....

This is a result of a bomb placed by EOKA terrorists at RAF Akrotiri. In the photo 2 x MK 5 crash tender and a Leyland Hippo warter Tender. There were several such attacks I have at least one similar shot of that incident. They also torched a brand new barrack block at RAF episkopi.

There were no serious casualties in this incident but the EOKA did kill many members of HM Forces , their families and members of the UK civil government depts including attached police in their campaign for enosis with main land Greece.

This is a result of a bomb placed by EOKA terrorists at RAF Akrotiri. In the photo 2 x MK 5 crash tender and a Leyland Hippo warter Tender. There were several such attacks I have at least one similar shot of that incident. They also torched a brand new barrack block at RAF episkopi.

There were no serious casualties in this incident but the EOKA did kill many members of HM Forces , their families and members of the UK civil government depts including attached police in their campaign for enosis with main land Greece.

Don't know what made me think it was an F8:red::blush:. Cheers Ted.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that, I don't think I would ever have guessed that.

Incidentally Salamaders sold to Civilian operators. I remember as a kid living in Berkhamsted, there was a playing field "Butts Meadow" backing onto the Fire Station, and the Brigade used to practice one evening a week, on the recreation ground. It was a bit annoying when they came and ended your football early, but I didn't mind on the days they brought the Salamander out.

They had it for fighting fires on Berkhamsted Common, A large area of rough grass, heather, bracken and the like. I only ever remember it going out to two Common fires, but to see it driving round the recreation ground was a joy!