Leyland DAF 45 150

david56

Hi, does anybody know what the part numbers are for a complete clutch plate bearing etc for my 1991 DAF 45 150 military  

For some reason DAF’s computer won’t recognise my chassis number nor the reg. 

I don’t want an expensive OEM clutch just the usual motor factors parts

any help would be much appreciated. 

Also does anybody know how heavy the gearbox is. It looks like I will have to do this on my own in the middle of a field where it is now stuck. 

David. 

I know it is no help, but it is not good practice working on your own under a truck. Gearboxes are heavy awkward  lumps. What will be your escape route if something goes wrong, is there no one who could go with you just to pass spanners and just be there incase you have a problem.

9 hours ago, david56 said:

Hi, does anybody know what the part numbers are for a complete clutch plate bearing etc for my 1991 DAF 45 150 military  

Also does anybody know how heavy the gearbox is. It looks like I will have to do this on my own in the middle of a field where it is now stuck. 

David. 

go into any decent heavy goods vehicle supplier say you want a clutch  for a daf 45 when they ask for a chassis no shrug your shoulders they will supply you with something  if it dont fit take it back with parts you want the will exchange. as for changing they are not  that heavy or challenging to do i did one on my own at side of french motorway HGV Direct would be a start when when looking for a supplier

On 5/2/2018 at 4:50 AM, cosrec said:

go into any decent heavy goods vehicle supplier say you want a clutch  for a daf 45 when they ask for a chassis no shrug your shoulders they will supply you with something  if it dont fit take it back with parts you want the will exchange. as for changing they are not  that heavy or challenging to do i did one on my own at side of french motorway HGV Direct would be a start when when looking for a supplier

I think that you will find that the clutch in the military Leyland Daf 45/150 is a lot beefier than the civvy Leyland Daf 45 which was a 7.5 tonne and designed for road use only.

On 5/1/2018 at 7:13 PM, david56 said:

David. 

David, p.m. sent with part numbers. John

bison parts range from 175 too £300 for plate cover thrust bearing. price difference goes from diameter plate 320 ish mm 350 ish mm 390 ish mm. The trick is to avoid saying MOD army when ordering .99.5 % 0f army vehicles built since the late 60s use standard of the shelf components. eg  air pots on fodens are bog standard type 22 but with virtually non obtainable fittings screwed in and a unique end cab. People also think the Rolls Royce engined diesels are exotic.parts are half price off a perkins dealer who built the engines anyway only difference is rocker covers and compresser  and exotic screw in couplings even such things as tranfer boxes axles are made as  of the shelf  but tags are taken off so it becomes difficult to identify who made it Oh by the way i think the clutch you need is the one fitted to the daf 55

Edited by cosrec

Thanks,  it was bison who started all this because they couldn’t find the part without the chassis number. I gave it to them and they said computer says no thus needing the OEM part numbers. 

The odd think I we pulled it out with the tractor drove it up and down the road a few times  the clutch is a lot better now. Still needs replacing but not so urgent.   

I used to work on Rolls Royce Diesel engined pumps. They weren’t that reliable & the parts were difficult. We went over to hr6 listers and Dormans.