LarryH57

War & Peace Revival - 2018

Also does anyone know if it is possible to arrive without pre-booking and pay on entry for an MV and two persons. Sadly my friend may be in hospital in which case I won't go.

I think you can pre-book now and pay cash on arrival.

Posted (edited)

I'd rather not pre-book and pay later, because they might be really upset if there is one less Lightweight Landrover at the show if I don't turn up!

Lwts are getting rarer now (well ones that have not been restored all out of all recognision!)

Edited by LarryH57

My experience (although that might have changed now) is that they don't even bother to check if you actually have a vehicle with you when you report at booking-in...

1 hour ago, earlymb said:

My experience (although that might have changed now) is that they don't even bother to check if you actually have a vehicle with you when you report at booking-in...

Because now, it's ALL about the Money!...…😞 Or am I being too cynical? 😱

• Like 1

Does anyone know if it is possible to arrive without pre-booking and pay on entry for an MV and two persons.

6 minutes ago, LarryH57 said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to arrive without pre-booking and pay on entry for an MV and two persons.

Best advise is to contact the organisers, you get it from the horse’s mouth then.

Anyone know if its discounted entry for veterans as per last year?

I have asked them via fb and their website but no reply at all.

I guess i will have to phone....

Just received a website message from W&PR. You can now buy at Extra cost, VIP tickets for Toilets!!!!  Does this mean that they are not going to supply the extra toilets & excellent showers as 'The Norm' this year?  Or are we are faced yet AGAIN, with the 'opportunity' to have no choice but put our hands in our pockets?....

4 hours ago, ferretfixer said:

Just received a website message from W&PR. You can now buy at Extra cost, VIP tickets for Toilets!!!!  Does this mean that they are not going to supply the extra toilets & excellent showers as 'The Norm' this year?  Or are we are faced yet AGAIN, with the 'opportunity' to have no choice but put our hands in our pockets?....

cant help thinking this whole show is going to end in tears,,,,,,,,

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gas 44 said:

cant help thinking this whole show is going to end in tears,,,,,,,,

It will be sad if it does, But you may very well be right! :(  Finding another venue that is large enough to host a show of this size, Still located down south will be difficult! Shame about losing Folkstone, I LOVED that venue!

I know some didn't, but Human nature being what it is, you will never satisfy everyone. On every single thing connected with a show of this magnitude!..

On 7/12/2018 at 6:09 AM, ferretfixer said:

It will be sad if it does, But you may very well be right! :(  Finding another venue that is large enough to host a show of this size, Still located down south will be difficult! Shame about losing Folkstone, I LOVED that venue!

I know some didn't, but Human nature being what it is, you will never satisfy everyone. On every single thing connected with a show of this magnitude!..

The venue is not a problem and to be honest it does not have to be in KENT. But I must agree the Racecourse was great for a lot of people.

The problem is having an owner who cares what people think.......i will leave it at that.

• Like 1

I note that again this year, there are threats of death and destruction for anyone selling stuff off their camping spots......well, maybe not death, but demands for much money (I want to be there when they try this on a bunch of hairy chested Dutch enthusiasts!).  Now last year, there was a verbal promise that this does not apply to the usual small scale trading of unwanted bits and bobs, rather to commercial type traders trading on the sly.....fair enough.  Was this a significant problem in the past? Cannot recall it was.