Marmite!!

Reporting Live from W&P Revival 2013

Don't do what I did a couple of years ago. Go down in PLENTY of time. rope off my area, set up a CLEAR Pitch Number sign. & set up a brand new 9x9 tent. A Mate was camped 30 feet away & had a clear view of everything. Came back four days later, and some 'Kind Soul'. Had stolen my Tent!!.......It was taken at night, when dark!...>:(

That's just #^&%$.

Some people.:mad:

Important bit out of the way, found the pub... Dukes Head... 2 miles away from show in Sellingde :undecided:

Important bit out of the way, found the pub... Dukes Head... 2 miles away from show in Sellingde :undecided:

That's the easy one to find, there are a few more in the back lanes! ;)

There is also the Drum Inn about a 1 mile walk from the public entrance over a footpath/bridleway over the M20 on Stone Street in Stanford.

The Drum does good food and beer - and the landlady seems to like MV loonies (we went there after the Living History meeting)!! :-D :-D

Not too warm & a bit windy here this morning. Off out in a bit to find Chris's CVR(T)'s & move them to his plot. Photos this afternoon .

Hi chaps and chapesses

How much is the fuel (petrol) but perhaps also see the cost for diesel for the diesel ones, at the petrol station near by, (shell I think?)

And also if anyone knows, the price at the local supermarket for comparison

Thanking you kindly, it's just to see if it's worth filling up the jerry cans over here.

Here are the search results using the Post code for Westenhanger railway station (right next to the show ground)

fuel stations with 5 miles of the Show (Unleaded)

unleaded.JPG

fuel stations with 5 miles of the Show (Diesel)

diesel-price.JPG

fuel stations with 20 miles of the Show (Unleaded)

20-mile-unleaded.JPG

fuel stations with 20 miles of the Show (Diesel)

20m-diesel.JPG

Wow, excellent. Thank you for that.

The prices are not a huge difference from over here with the exchange rate.

Only a pence or two difference depending on where you look.

but sometimes to drive an extra few miles to save a few pence is not worth the hassle.

Thanks again

shaun

See you all soon

The Sun is back out. Lots of activity around the site by Rex's team. New water pipes being laid for water points, hard fencing going up all over the site & more people arriving & setting up camps. Bumped into a few forum members already

Looking good already Lee :D See you down there tomorrow morning - should arrive about 11:00 to drop off the Explorer and Caravan before returning to get the Landrover (I'll be glad when Tanya passes her test!!)

Looking good. What is that tank with the rounded turret? I was trying to think of tanks with semi spherical turrets and couldn't think of any.

I must be a right saddo but this is one of my favourite HMVF threads and I look foward to it each year - thanks Lee!

Two more sleeps and we'll be down early Sat am, setting up with the East Anglian Fighting Vehicle Group in Haig's Field - having been suitably fed at the Blue & White cafe on the A20 - I won't last until the Airport Cafe!

Looking good. What is that tank with the rounded turret? I was trying to think of tanks with semi spherical turrets and couldn't think of any.

looks like a T54/55 to me

keep pics and show reports coming .cant make it this year due to new baby girl and new house move tomorrow and losing internet connection tomorrow while the 23rd ! :-|

keep pics and show reports coming .cant make it this year due to new baby girl and new house move tomorrow and losing internet connection tomorrow while the 23rd ! :-|

Just go and sit in your local McDonald's car park with your laptop, that's all I ever use them for, oh and the occasional use of the toilets, wouldn't dream of eating the food !!!

Just go and sit in your local McDonald's car park with your laptop, that's all I ever use them for, oh and the occasional use of the toilets, wouldn't dream of eating the food !!!

What you don't like food that tastes of cardboard