Reporting Live from W&P Revival 2013

Marmite!!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Rick setting off to W&P at 3.30pm on Monday, he should be there by now.......

Thanks Bob, it looks really well it is a credit to everyone there who has worked on it, unfortunately I will not get to W & P this year, did you get a picture after it was loaded on the transport ?

The whole project brings back memories of me working silly hours on my ANTAR in your yard back in 92 then dashing off to Stonleigh in it as its first run on the road following restoration.

Thanks Bob, it looks really well it is a credit to everyone there who has worked on it, unfortunately I will not get to W & P this year, did you get a picture after it was loaded on the transport ?

The whole project brings back memories of me working silly hours on my ANTAR in your yard back in 92 then dashing off to Stonleigh in it as its first run on the road following restoration.

No John I didn't Rick drove it on and that was that...........Artic driver parked in the gate area so stopping anyone leaving or coming in. No one has done that before, had trouble with this character over a other matter concerning a delivery of a Scorpion in the mid 1990's. I remember him........

Just got back from W&P Six hours in the car today and I am cream crackered. Some people not happy with the site, others were. I found it to be quite good but very dusty. The Kitchener field at the end was a bit rough though and cant be much fun to camp on. Anyway, I have hundreds of photos and not enough time to post them. So here is a quick selection.

First of all, my favourite:

IMG_2749_zps09afbf62.jpg

IMG_2705_zpsf59aa52b.jpg

IMG_2680_zps20d06e6d.jpg

IMG_2651_zps9b995c3d.jpg

IMG_2628_zps0d1ecd3a.jpg

IMG_2622_zps6b73191b.jpg

IMG_2611_zpsfe7c54b9.jpg

IMG_2603_zps043a4c76.jpg

IMG_2600_zpsb72cffd6.jpg

IMG_2598_zpse96e13cf.jpg

Seemed to be a lot less re-enactors there too. No sign of the Arnhem recreation for example. (Unless it was hidden away in yet another massive field).

I guess the ground conditions made digging trenches hard work.

'Arena displays' were a bit hap-hazzard and today (thursday) seemed pretty quiet.

If thousands of public turn up, the single lane dirt track entrance and single ticket area won't cope either...

Still no improvement in catering - same old £7 grot burgers etc, how come no one has a stand with selling MRE dinners?

On the plus side, the 'facilities' seem to be better... but then it would have been hard to be worse than hop farm!

I disagree. We got there at 10:30 and got bacon butties from the grandstand restaurant and a cuppatea - They were superb, top quality, and not expensive. Got F&C at same place for lunch, not a crush, excellent smiley service from staff, Top marks.

Great day morning doing the stalls and buying stuff, afternoon walking round the display area. Home late dusty and tired. Great day, lots of folk from the other side of the Channel, without exception everyone friendly. The place is different from Hop Farm and much improved and I'll know where everything is next year. Jerry

Bit of bad news from the site. (From wwii forum)

We're very disappointed to report that due to the malicious behaviour and attitude of an individual or group of individuals, thousands of pounds worth of damage has been caused to the public camping toilets, leading to their temporary closure.

We don't know why they have targeted these toilets but they have been extensively vandalised and damaged. We are horrified by this behaviour, it is not what we are used to or expect from our visitors. Our contractor is working very hard trying to resolve this situation and while we appreciate it is difficult, please bear with us icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

Bit of bad news from the site. (From wwii forum)

We're very disappointed to report that due to the malicious behaviour and attitude of an individual or group of individuals, thousands of pounds worth of damage has been caused to the public camping toilets, leading to their temporary closure.

We don't know why they have targeted these toilets but they have been extensively vandalised and damaged. We are horrified by this behaviour, it is not what we are used to or expect from our visitors. Our contractor is working very hard trying to resolve this situation and while we appreciate it is difficult, please bear with us icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif

the world is truly full of idiots........... sounds like a lot of damage