Reporting Live from W&P Revival 2013

Marmite!!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Testing Service

If anyone has ignition components (screened or unscreened) that need testing I can test your ignition coils, rotor arms, capacitors, sparking plugs, HT cable etc. I can measure leakage up to 50 gigohms @ 2.5Kv, inductance up to 200H, voltage up to 20 Kv, capacitance, resistance (also can test charging etc with a DC clampmeter up to 400A without having to break into any wires).

No fee, no catch, not trying to sell you anything, I will have the gear with me so might as well put it to use if someone has a problem or wants to test their spares. I should be there from Sunday pm in Shorland with Ex-Military Land Rover Association (wherever that might be!)

Testing Service

If anyone has ignition components (screened or unscreened) that need testing I can test your ignition coils, rotor arms, capacitors, sparking plugs, HT cable etc. I can measure leakage up to 50 gigohms @ 2.5Kv, inductance up to 200H, voltage up to 20 Kv, capacitance, resistance (also can test charging etc with a DC clampmeter up to 400A without having to break into any wires).

No fee, no catch, not trying to sell you anything, I will have the gear with me so might as well put it to use if someone has a problem or wants to test their spares. I should be there from Sunday pm in Shorland with Ex-Military Land Rover Association (wherever that might be!)

I'm sure your Pig would get you there faster Clive ! :-D

Testing Service

Hi Clive

I have just bought a second hand reconditioned FV432 generator which I would like bring to the show for you to test. I know that you, of course, cannnot carry out a full static test under working condition's; but any test's that prove it is functional would be appreciated.

Regards

Arnie

I'm sure your Pig would get you there faster Clive ! :-D

Ah but I couldn't put it on the EMLRA stand. Of course speed is relative Andy, the last time the Shorland went to W&P this happened in Haywards Heath.

DSCF3036.jpg

Hi Clive

I have just bought a second hand reconditioned FV432 generator which I would like bring to the show for you to test. I know that you, of course, cannnot carry out a full static test under working condition's; but any test's that prove it is functional would be appreciated.

Regards

Arnie

Arnie is this the Generator No.9 with Gen Panel No. 8 used in the Mk 1 432? I have some experience of that (as it was the system used in Hornet) but not the later ones. Measuring low resistances in the field is unsatisfactory but at home I use a 0-30v power unit than can deliver 10A. By measuring the voltage drop across a winding carrying a known current gives a clear value for the resistance. But the field winding & its brushes will be easy enough to test.

Ah but I couldn't put it on the EMLRA stand. Of course speed is relative Andy, the last time the Shorland went to W&P this happened in Haywards Heath.

DSCF3036.jpg

No chance of going hungry whilst you were waiting for repair !!!

One of these days I have to be in the UK when this is on.

Is there any expectations on how big it is going to be i.e. will it surpass previous years? The venue looks great and I guess security will be a lot better than the previous, jump across the creek venue.