A F Budge 1993

Bob Grundy

Amongst heaps of Saracens, do I see a Stuart's turret, a Sherman, a Daimler Armoured Car & a Cromwell (Or related species!) Anyoneknow where they went?

I thought the APC was an FV432 also, but looking a bit closer, opening roof & that circular cupola?

There are three M5A1 Stuarts visible, just out of shot was an M3A3. That went to Will Davies and then Nigel Hay. The Sherman is a Grizzly, the Cromwell is a Centaur, now with the Cadman Collection. There were several M5 HSTs in there, a couple of which are visible in the background.

Now now boys and girls, you can't have this stuff, its nearly 20 years ago.....

This is the last one on the yard at Gamston for now, I will search further.

Is that an Albion CX22S I spy to the left of the photo? Great pics, hopefully you manage to find more.

He had enough for a small army!

What we got here, M10, that Super Sherman, OT810, M3 (or the like) Halftrack, multiple JSIII ?, T34/85, is it the nose of that Swedish assault gun on the right?

The annoying thing, is I lived in Mansfield, spent hours cycling around the countryside near Retford & never knew about the place!

I knew of a Vickers Vigor still working for a small O.C.C.S. operator until abt. 1980 , larger sites always used such as Ex- Bedford 4 Tonners as water dust control trucks , fuel bowsers etc. - so all sorts of trucks could be retained on books for such purposes. Crawler mounted could be a bit of a problem - possibly ,,

• 11 years later...
On 10/30/2012 at 8:57 AM, snort said:

I have a souvenir brochure of the Charity Open days in 1989 here....that make interesting reading, there was a lot of kit. (about 200)

@snort does it show any Stalwarts, even in the background?

I'm looking for photo evidence of the Austrian Stalwarts at Budge. Richard Beddall sold them to Tony Budge in 1988.

Amongst the photos from the 90s, after Budge had bought hundreds of Stalwarts back from Germany - this photo shows some Swedish Stalwarts, with their FOCO cranes. Richard sold his remaining Swedish ones to Tony at the same time as the Austrian ones.

Budge28Swed.thumb.jpg.cfbf5448f53189a6900b908532e9db6c.jpg

The Austrian ones, like the two German Mark 2, had combined side and indicator lights on the side of the cab, rather than the rubies on the front of the cab.

Divers-3b-Austria-Mk2lights.thumb.jpg.2556ba66fb2a2ff7674481eea5a648aa.jpg

Hellaindicator2.thumb.jpg.2da095bf11445abbd669d6d7b18721e1.jpg

Dutchindicator2.jpg.8aed4209bb617bf4cfd3b13b9f5ed093.jpg

Many thanks